STEAM SUMMER SALE 2017, June 22-July 5

Ah, cheers. Must have missed it in Latest.

Buy this, or I shall unfriend you everywhere!

What if I buy it… and never play it?

I deem this acceptable, yet unfathomable.

I am waiting for Unexplored to sell at 50% discount because you can’t possibly expect to pay full price when the guy only has one eye.

$8 is a total steal for this, it’s brilliant and just fun to play even if you never get anywhere. But you will, because did I mention how much fun to play it is?

Forgot in my earlier post that I also picked this up:

For $2.50 you get a nice little lite-RPG with a decent story, attractive graphics, beautiful soundtrack and that classic isometric RPG feel.

Hidden gems thread from Reddit:

It’s so cute that people are still looking for hidden gems while everyone is buried underneath a pile of them.

Thank you both very much!

OK, now I’m just spinning my wheels and can’t figure out if I should buy anything else or just play something!

I’ve bought:
Twilight Struggle
Dungeon Warfare
Dirt 4
Race For the Galaxy
Age of Empires Legacy Bundle
Pathfinder Adventures

I’m still thinking I want to get an action / shooter. I’m so indecisive!
The Surge (liked Lords of the Fallen a lot)
Nier Automata (wasn’t on my radar until recently - people seem to like it)
Prey (Again, people seem to like it. I don’t think I played System Shock)
Shadow Warrior 2 (The prior Shadow Warrior was OK, this looks improved)
Mass Effect Andromeda (This was higher priority, but it doesn’t seem like it lives up to standards of prior ones)

I think I’ll pass on the other games I mentioned upthread -
Firewatch, Soma (Should be good, but can’t get everything) !
TW Warhammer DLC (I haven’t played it since release. I always fall out of love with TW very fast)
Endless Legends Tempest

Don’t miss the list of Local Co-Op games there, from the comments:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/6k1u3h/hidden_gems_ii_the_sale_strikes_back/djimup6/

Rob, I addressed your question about Prey in the Prey dedicated thread, if that helps.

No one’s playing The Surge right now. I’ll probably play it after the Thanksgiving or Winter sale.

The whole sticker book thing is a bit of a cluster fuck on my end at least. It worked fine the first day or two, but at this point opening it up just hangs the client mostly. And it doesn’t even seem to work when it’s not frozen or giving me an Error Code -310; clicking on the sticker packs does nothing.

I was lucky in that I did all the quests on the first day and got no stickers for it. So I immediately didn’t care about the stickers anymore.

I don’t understand the point of the stickers at all. The only good activity was the Steam summer camp thing years ago.

I don’t “get” the sticker books at all. What’s the incentive to get stickers? At least with trading cards I know I can get a steam level, some backgrounds, emotes, and a coupon. What do I do with these?

For some reason i dug through the pile and purchased the Talisman board game remake originally released on mobile, even though i already own it on the ipad, just so i could play it on the Mac! And then promptly fell asleep in bed watching the computer roll dice, around the third turn.

Remember, not every rock in the rough is a diamond. Sometimes it’s just a leaverite.

Scroll to the top of the Steam store page and click on the stickers above where it says Summer Sale Stickers! You’ll go to a ‘book’ with various pages to place stickers on. If that’s your kind of thing.