STEAM SUMMER SALE 2017, June 22-July 5

Narrowed it down to three for you.

@BrianRubin is it worth it? Any experiences?.. this looks like a PC version of Leaving Earth (the boardgame)…

I got Prey!

I would highly recommend at least getting the King and the Warlord as it is pretty cheap atm - the new start positions for the dwarves and goblins provide a good challenge.

So how is Deus Ex Mankind Divided, if I enjoyed what I played of Human Revolution?

I bought it on the iPad, and didn’t enjoy it. It was too directive, repetitive… It captured none of the wonder or terrors of the Space travel history, for me.
But what does, after KSP!

I am also interested in Space Program Manager. Since it’s a bit of a risk for me I was waiting until a lower price, but I have never seen it drop below $15 so it might be time to just go ahead anyway.

Great! I can cancel my epic reply in the Prey thread then! :)

I find the “you have X more friends who play Y” in Steam quite a good indicator of whether something will grab me, as it shows in one spot the hours they all played. If a good number played over 10 hours then it’s probable I’ll get some value out of it.

It’s also interesting to see that in a lot of ‘backlog’ games most people play under 2 hours.

With Prey I see lots of 20/30 hour stints, and I ended up hitting 21 - which is pretty good for me outside of an Elder Scrolls or Diablo. :)

ps, The Surge - hardly any of my friends bought it and those that did played about 5 hours, similar to myself.

Ehhhhhh, it’s not had, if you liked Buzz Aldrin’s Race Into Space, you’ll likely enjoy it.

I found it worse, both in terms of story and the action. That said, it isn’t bad. I made it all of the way through.

Thanks for the input. I’ll probably just skip it then, and play more of the earlier game if I get the itch.

The damage thus far:

I find it weird how that commenter lists Magicka and criticises it for not playing well with controllers but then doesn’t list Magicka 2 which does. From my experience Magicka 2 is a lot more polished and balanced too so when you mix in the controller-friendly local multiplayer it’s a winner.

Anyway, that’s a good list with a lot of stuff I don’t recognise on it so thanks for sharing. Bookmarked!

I typically avoid JRPGs but I gave Tales of Berseria a shot because of the sale and reviews. So far it’s scratching an itch I didn’t know I had. It’s not “too anime”, it’s not too challenging or grindy but the combat is fun, and the story has been pretty engaging so far.

I think I might have that itch, but I’m not sure, so I’m not going to scratch it.

I’ve got it and am enjoying it! But then again, I LOVE the Tales of games I’ve played in the past…

Tales of Berseria is really good. Good story, great characters, enjoyable gameplay throughout. It’s not perfect, but it was really enjoyable, and it’s easily the best Tales game I’ve played.

Then again, the full list of Tales games I’ve played (with Berseria being the only one I actually finished) is Symphonia, Zestiria, and Berseria. So keep that in mind. ;)

EDIT: also, Berseria is a prequel of sorts to Zestiria, so there’s a lot of cool stuff for people who played Zestiria before. Just letting you know.

Is any discussion of the trading cards for the badge here or elsewhere? I’ve got two extra of each of these: Beach and Camping. Need: City Parking and Minigolf.

I’m papagenox on Steam (I’ve never managed to ascertain when the user name is case sensitive–it seems to be that way in some instances and not in others, so try an initial cap if the lower-case version doesn’t work).

I spent a good hour going over my 250+ game wishlist and I think I am done for this sale. The backlog is just massive, it seems to be one step forward and 4 steps backwards, when trying to finish anything on it.

Here is my meager haul for the summer sale. Lots of stuff I want isn’t even near half off right now, I fear the winter sale will kill my wallet. D:

The Last Door Season 2
The Room Two
Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms
Age of Empires II HD: Rise of the Rajas
Domina
Paladins - Founder’s Pack
The Dream Machine 1 and 2

You bet. I am trading all mine on the market for 8 cents. :)