STEAM Summer Sale 2018

They really aren’t very good at this.

In the past sales I regularly purchased games at 75% off. These were not games that as a result of the discount went below the transaction fee you mention. That just no longer exists.

So if Valve didn’t cause this to happen so uniformly it’s a puzzle to me at least how all the publishers and developers suddenly had an epiphany and decided not to discount that deeply any more. Felt like a light switch to me, like I said, seems like it was about 4 sales ago or so and boom, 75% off was gone.

No more changing daily sales right? Is there any chance we’d have missed a deepest discount day?

Right. There are fluctuations per individual products, I’ve noticed, where some products will go on sale later during the sale, but that’s really it.

Site performance does seem a little worse than I remember.

I think Tales of Berseria is fantastic. I thought it was easily worth the full price, so at that price, it’s a steal.

Most of the rest I haven’t played. Starcrawlers is… meh. Maybe you’ll like it. I liked it a lot less than I thought I would. Cultist Simulator is interesting but maybe not the kind of game you’re looking for. I heard great things about Overload, and if you liked Descent, it’s probably a really good choice.

Looks like PayPal is offering 5 off 30

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/offers?view=details&offerId=6SZC7GFHU83A2

dang.

“We’re sorry. You’re not eligible for this offer.”

BTW, if I want to buy Overload, which is only $29.99, will I still get the 5 dollar discount, I wonder?

I’m not taking any chances. There are a few games that are 1 dollar or less.

Find cheap games here:
https://steamdb.info/sales/

Click price column to sort by price.

LOL this totally sounds like a spam post.

for what it’s worth, off my fairly short wishlist, Jagged Alliance 2 Gold is 85% off, Mad Max is 75% off, Jazzpunk is 80% off, Talos Principle is 80% off, and Magic Circle is 75% off. Admittedly those are all older games.

Bah. Steam has been done for hours for me.

There are a lot of games with good ratings that are under a dollar.

In fact I’ll recommend one:

A fantastic little puzzler for $0.89.

I was thinking of getting Divine Divinity.

I’ve had Cold Waters in my wishlist for awhile. Any idea how good it really is? Recent reviews are a little shakey…

Site’s recovered for me. Picked up Prey and Deadlock. Yay.

Seconded. Hexcells is great.

Cryptark is back to $3.74 again. I really want to play it, but I feel like it’s destined for a Humble Monthly.

Items on my wishlist that are 75% off and above:

I don’t know what these are still doing on my wishlist, I should remove them: (just putting it out for other people, in case they’re interested)

Drox Operative $5
Endless Legend $7.50
Space Rangers HD: A War Apart $3.75
Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth $10
Dark Souls III $15
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided $4.50
Tom’s Clancy’s The Division $10
Day of the Tentacle Remastered $4.49
Planescape Torment Enhanced $5

These I’m still interested in:

Talos Principle $8
Retrovirus $2.50
Age of Decadence $5
Master of Orion (NuMoo) $9 – only 70% off not 75%, but getting close to impulse buy
Sol Trader $5