STEAM Summer Sale 2018

IT’S HAPPENING!

That’s a really good point, thanks.

Some games in my Wishlist I’m bouncing around between. I have $30 to spend (assuming the PayPal bonus works). I have tons of little $1.99-$3 type games, but I want one (maybe two) bigger, meatier titles.

Metro Last Light Redux (I did play this when it first came out, but that was before re-building my PC)
Drifting Lands
Axiom Verge
Star Crawlers
Tales of Berseria (70% off, from $50 to $15)

And then the “just came out, obligatory 10-15% off” I have these:
Frostpunk
Yoku’s Island Express

And in the “it’s not even on sale why are you looking at these even?!” category:
City of Brass
Overload
Cultist Simulator

I’m kind of leaning towards Overload. I know it just came out so it was never going to dip in price, but I only just discovered it came out like… yesterday, and it looks so badass.

Anyone have opinions on any of those strongly for or against anything on those lists?

I don’t know about you guys and gals, but steam has been nearly unusable for me for the last 3 hours.

Been totally fine here.

Not. Of course it’s a nightmare for like everyone. But I have noticed I can get to my wishlist now and pages are finally starting to load. When I said 2.5 hours before you could buy anything up above I was half-joking, but I guess I was closer to accurate than I’d have thought.

I don’t have most of those, but Frostpunk is fantastic with amazing production values. However, there’s not a lot of gameplay past the main campaign unless you like to redo stuff in different ways, or do Survival mode. I think it might be you who plays games the same way I do (perfectionist)> If so, I will say trying to perfect my town and save everyone on subsequent tries was fun and rewarding.

I don’t understand, what’s that about?

Final Fantasy XV for $25 isn’t bad, for a relatively recent release. These games are very rarely discounted.

…worth… every… penny…

I just uninstalled like 10 Steam games because I’m running out of space. I might want to buy a new SSD instead of games.

HAH! Who am I kidding?

Hmmm. Immortal Redneck for $6.78 eh?

Thanks! I really, really liked the look of it when it came out, but it came out right around Pillars of Eternity 2.

Also, for anyone interested, one of my all time favorite games (Final Fantasy XII Remastered) is down to $25. That’s a damned steal, and I’d grab it if I hadn’t just played it on PS4.

I am looking for a 1 dollar game. Anything better than Nomad Fleet?

Isthereanydeal.com emailing be about all the items from my wishlist on sale.

Steam still fucked, still can’t actually buy anything.

Bad things are happening in the Steam cloud.

I can’t get my wish list to load.

I can’t get anything to load. Store page is completely blank for the last hour now.

Same. I bought Deliverance from CDKeys just to pass the time.

Valve doesn’t set the discount levels, the developers do. However, Valve no longer allows setting discounts that would reduce the price of games below CC transaction fees, so already cheap games can’t discount as much. Some developers have also realized that discounting too quickly or heavily reduces overall revenue, no matter how good it feels in the moment to have 10,000 people buy it at $2 or whatever.

You don’t buy anything on the first day, silly! You put it on your cart and sleep on it a few days.

I don’t know what you all are on about. Steam working fine here, and 9 items on wishlist at %75 off. Damnit.