STEAM Summer Sale 2018

Yeah, I was going to suggest BSG: Deadlock, as it’s basically an evolution of the same type of game. But yeah, along with that comes the higher system requirements.

Done my summer shopping - didn’t really get anything new, just got more of stuff I already play:

Spintires: MudRunner - $3
Aven Colony: Cerulean Value DLC - $1
War for the Overworld Underlord Edition Upgrade $2.50

Been interested in revisiting Spintires, so it’s nice to get the newer version for cheap.

Actually the reason that shouldn’t be on my wishlist anymore is that I already got the game on Xbox One, along with all the DLC when it was on sale as well. So there’s no reason for me to have it on my PC wishlist still. I just need to find time for it on Xbox. (Don’t worry, I can still play it on PC, just like I do with Bloodborne, both consoles allow you to stream to PC on a wired connection and it works great).

I’ve been looking at a few bundles and noticed something strange. Not a single one substracts the price of items I already own from the total price of the bundle, and I could swear that most bundles that I bought in the past did give “credit” for owned items. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just unlucky with the bundles I have been looking at?

Unlucky. Maybe pick different publishers ;)

I couldn’t find anything that excited me, but with $14 sitting in my Steam wallet I knew I had to get something so ended up with this, which seems to be a 4X with a Majesty style of play. Lots of positive reviews, although I haven’t yet taken it for a spin myself.

If you do take the plunge, please let me know, had my eye on that one.

I played the game for a bit. Then it got boring. Am I missing something?

I guess you’re supposed to cheat?

No, I don’t think you’re missing anything. You can get steam sale trading cards by playing, if you care; but I don’t think you even have to really play it, you just have to be in it.

I’m thinking of getting a 4-pack of Castle Crashers but I would still have two more keys available. If anyone is interested in getting in on it then let me know by PM.

My usual budget for the summer sale is about $100 which I hit comfortably with

• Field of Glory II (plus all DLC)
  • Cold Waters
  • Darkwood and
  • Universal Combat - The Lyrius Conflict (@dsmart when is the AAW port going to be done?)

Now I have spent my budget, I can get down to the important business of going over my budget.

So far

Steep
Jagged Alliance 2
Aaero
Vanquish

I’m going to pick a few more of the indie games recommended in the thread this time round i think. I still have a ridiculous number of unfinished games i want to finish, and even a couple of unplayed games from previous sales.

Grabbed lots of pretty cheap things + Thimbleweed Park:

Fate Tectonics - $0.99
Dissembler - $0.99
The Beginner’s Guide - $2.49
1979 Revolution: Black Friday - $1.49
Burly Men at Sea - $3.99
Bomb Squad Academy - $2.49
The Quiet Sleep - $2.49
Thimbleweed Park - $11.99
Terroir - $4.49

Probably will grab that Aven Colony DLC and the Early Access game Levantera, since they’re also real cheap.

As am I.

Couldn’t see much that excites me, so this is it (for now):

I think I’m done for now:

Synthtik (Played a little, so far liking it, very good twin stick shooter, recommended)
Darkwood
Final Fantasy XV windows edtion
Slay the Spire

This year I just skimmed my wish list, sorted by highest discount, and bought a few that caught my eye randomly. And then Gorogoa because I was planning on getting it anyway.

Eon Altar
Drox Operative
Jazzpunk: Director’s Cut
Gorogoa

Let us know how you find it. I’ve been tempted by it but it seemed a bit simplistic from what I’ve read so far.

Since the start of the sale, the search function has been working about one time out of 20 times here on the store. Kinda problematic when you try to check a game or, God forbid, buy it.