STEAM Summer Sale 2018

Ok sale for me. Plucked a few cheapies off my wishlist, mostly old action games like Zombie Driver.

Thanks for your support.

I am still working on the engine port. It’s coming along slowly but surely. Sadly, I don’t have the benefit of 500 people + $188M of other people’s money to hire more resources. Plus, unlike Line Of Defense (being ported to UE4 and no longer for sale on Steam until sometime later this year), I am the only dev who even knows enough about those games to port them.

Nevertheless, I have been releasing updates to that 3.0 kernel as I go along. You can see the progress on the dev Trello board.

I have a major update that’s done and in final testing atm. I was to release last month, but hit a major crash bug that caused a chain reaction when I tried to address it.

FYI, I bought $30 worth of stuff from Steam using paypal, and didn’t get any $5 credit. The fine print says it will show up as a $5 voucher in the ‘offers’ section of your paypal account, but there is no such section.

So, don’t count on that I guess.

You have to go to paypal first and acquire the voucher.

“Simply shop online at Steam from June 19, 2018 to June 30, 2018 choose to pay with PayPal at checkout and your offer will be automatically applied to your purchase. Limited supply. Terms apply.”

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/offers?view=details&offerId=6SZC7GFHU83A2

Yeah, the wording sucks, but the small print does say “activated” as well. I guess the marketers weren’t happy with adding all of that.

Here is what I am thinking of getting, any other suggestions.?

Deep Rock Galactic and Everspace are must-owns.

How are you guys getting spintires for $3??

You own Spintires already? I guess that’s it. It was 2,99 € for me owning the ‘base’ game.

Ohhh I see, I don’t own the original so it’s 18 schmackos for me.

Amusingly, the original costs $9 at the moment, and owning that would then make the price of Mudrunner $3 for a total of $12. Not necessarily endorsing that course of action, just a bit of amusing math in action.

That’s a good idea… The base game is only 4.5 on fanatical!

Even better!

Original Spintires is $4 over on fantatical with their additional 10% off code. Get it there, then upgrade to Mudrunner for $3 on Steam. :)

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/spintires?aff_track=CJ&CJEVENT=43950f0d772a11e8821f02ea0a240610

AND WE ALL JUST HAD THE SAME IDEA!

I’d hold off on The Surge, but I’m guessing your impulse buy threshold is not as restrictive as mine :-)

I liked Lords of the Fallen quite a bit, along with all the Dark Souls - The Surge fell flat for me.

Hmm true with Shadow of War sucking up most of my summer gaming time, I probably could wait on The Surge until the next sale.

I might just do that!

Seconded. It didn’t really click with me either, but then Lords of the Fallen went a similar way. Better off with Nioh. :)

I’ve purchased Zeus and Poseidon so far because, I just go back to those games until I find a real replacement. Magicka 2 is on the list (Magicka 1 MP is super fun but also heavily buggy right now).

I bought Wreckfest from GMG with a 20% off coupon based on Tom’s review.

Diego