STEAM Summer Sale 2018

@lordkosc, do you think Glass Masquerade plays better with the initial pieces hints on or off? I played one of each and I’m torn.

Not bought anything yet. Still staying strong…

Rob, I played with them on, I needed some assistance. :p

giphy

Playing with them off does slow down the beginning of the game quite a bit. Once things start falling into place it feels good though.

@robc04 didn’t you say since you were going to France you wouldn’t be buying any new games for awhile? :D

@Nightgaunt How did Terroir turn out?

I’m in France already and I can only buy a couple games with low system requirements :-)

$20 on a Steam sale isn’t too bad!

I’ve spent more than that at patisseries since I’ve been here…

I can imagine. I envy you all the wines and cheeses you have access to now, not to mention the patés.

BTW I ended up buying Star Traders: Frontiers so far. Been intrigued by it ever since I heard the interview with the devs on @BrianRubin’s podcast.
Might also grab Spintires: Mudrunners since I bought the first game cheap but it’s apparently a bugfest and I can pick up the fixed version for only 3 bucks.

I think I’ll wait on Overload till we get a moderate sale.

Yay, thank you for listening and for buying their game!

Oh, I wasn’t aware of that.I am going to check it out.

Slay the Spire (thank you all for the universal recommendation, making me buy this masterpiece!)

Darkest Dungeon Shieldbreaker DLC

I think I’m done with the sale.

And I am done, ended up getting:

Spintires Mudrunner
Middle Earth Shadow of War Gold Edition
Slay the Spire
Diluvion Fleet Edition
Star Traders: Frontiers

I think that totaled $53 , overall another good sale.

Regarding Shadow of War, I sure wish there were a way to transfer my base copy of the game to someone else and buy the Gold edition. It’s BS that I can’t upgrade for a reasonable price as I could with the previous game. Maybe at Christmas.

I am amazed none of the dlc is on sale.

Damage is:

Slay the Spire (you can’t all be wrong)
Space Tyrant (I’m looking at you Brian)
Darkest Dungeon + soundtrack + shieldbreaker dlc (after watching great gameplay videos - a first for me)
Kohan Warchest (not on sale but never will be it seems; still cheaper than buying individual items)
Sword of the Stars Complete (lost this with Impulse/Gamestop & dirt cheap)
Making History Gold Edition (ditto SOTS)
Logistical NZ dlc (as I’m from NZ & love the game)
The Red Solstice (impulse buy)
Fallout 2 (still have to play ANY Fallout game but dirt cheap)
1979 Revolution: Black Friday (recommendation from Indie Games thread - super cheap)

About US $50…pretty good I think.

First time in the original Fallouts - you’re in for a treat.

The original has languished in my “backlog of shame” for some time…

I have the same complaint with Fallout 4 GOTY edition. There’s a bundle to get you all the DLC, but they don’t give you any credit for having the base game.

Man, there’s a lot of Slay the Spire publicity going on here.

But, but, but… it’s still in early access! Will it be finished soon?

In my opinion, Slay the Spire in EA is more polished and complete than many other final released games.

Edit: And it feels complete.

I don’t think Slay the Spire has any work to do on mechanics or gameplay, they’re just adding more itemization (cards/relics/monsters). I wouldn’t consider it early access at this point.