STEAM Summer Sale 2018

Yeah, same. At first I thought it was cards I put up ages ago for too high a price on the market falling off, but I’ve been getting a lot more since.

Remember when trading cards were first implemented, and how they said something about people would get random cards and packs of cards weekly? I think I ever got like 2 packs of cards over the last … however many years. They sure were stingy with the damned things. Maybe someone realized there was a bug in how often cards were randomly distributed and finally fixed it?

What’s your Steam level? One of the perks of a higher level is an increased chance of packs. I’m in the 30s and get one every few weeks.

27, and I’ve really only gotten 2 or 3 since they implemented it.

Huh, that’s weird then. The other criteria is you have to have 0 drops left for a game, maybe you’ve been really unlucky and when it spins a random pack for you, it’s always pulling a game you have more cards left to drop.

I have $1.12 in Steam credit and I am ready to party.

This.

My wishlist is valuable because I can sift through the cheapest games on my list each sale and scoop them up.

Nice use of the meme. :-)

The game I’ve got my eye on, but believe is way too new to get a discount price of any kind, is Overload. It looks to play almost exactly like Descent. Anyone know if it supports joysticks/HOTAS setups?

I use my wishlist, in combination with https://isthereanydeal.com/ to track games I’m interested in and, eventually, get them at a super low price, or in a bundle.

And the hype is building!

Also save $5 off $30 on STEAM with paypal.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/offers?view=details&offerId=6SZC7GFHU83A2#

The card thing came up in another thread or on reddit. Steam fixed some issue and now people are getting cards they should’ve earned a while ago.

Yeah, I just got a bunch of random cards.

Same here.

Today is literally my last day of classes. Take me, Steam.

Summer solstice!

We’re all ready for Steam to go down for the next hour, right?

That’s being generous. It will be a good 2.5 hours before you can actually buy something.

I’m hoping we get a discount on Pinball Arcade seasons. Some of the great tables are going to be removed from the store next week.

There’s a new wishlist filter to only show sales / 50% off / 75% off.

I didn’t think of that… hopefully that happens. I’ll gladly buy some more table packs.

I would really like to see a few of my wishlisted games go on sale (Kingdome Come, Vampyr and For the King). But I am totally locked into an MMO right now – The Elder Scrolls Online owns most of my non-working, non-sleeping hours.

My backlog is already swole. And it’s about to get worse ;)