STEAM Summer Sale 2018

I heard they upgraded the Steam data center this year, adding fans.

I am sure it will be fine, for once.

Oooh space themed, @BrianRubin is gonna like this.

… and I see no discounts!

:D

And there’s a missile command style game that you can play for a chance at free games.

Wow really? I love missile command!

Yay! A sale game!

… with cosmetics on the marketplace? Weird.

If I could get to the damned thing.

I really don’t get it. First… most of the times you can buy games somewhere else - very legally - very much cheaper. And since many years discounts mostly suck. Gone are the days of everything 75%. … So where does all the traffic come from? Second… come on, they never ever get the prices right within the first 10 minutes… how hard can it be?
Third… for once I want to buy there something too… now go away, folks!

Yeah, maybe that’s it though. Maybe, like Flash Sales, all sales are over. No more sales. Just big events.

Woot - I can finally buy Tyranny! It is on my highlighted deals list for a huge discount of… 0%??? $45.

So far, this doesn’t seem ideal

Tyranny was about $15 when I saw it. Prey too.

Kingdom Come Deliverance (30% off) - $41.99

It takes a few hours for all the prices to “settle” every time. I doubt this will be any different.

Everspace Ultimate for $20… TEMPTING.

Alright alright - I will be patient and put my pitchfork away… for now

Good price but still about $10 more than I want to spend on it. C’mon, Xmas.

I think I will get Nomad Fleet and Dominions 5. That should get me the 5 dollar discount from PayPal.

It’s about $29 on CDKeys.

why they don’t start this crap in the middle of the night is beyond me…so by the time we wake up, its all ‘populated’…give me a break…the year is 2018…go buy the good computers steam

HOLY SHIT! Atlantic Fleet and Cold Waters are BOTH ON SALE!

Can’t remember either ever being less than full price.

What’s odd to me is that every year as these Steam sales go live, EVERY time, they get hammered on traffic and give glitchy, slow responses.

Like, for 8-10 years running now, every time. And every time, within a few hours, it’s fine.

And every time, gamers are like “Man, what’s up with Steam?!?!?” that first hour after sales go live.

(And every year, I think I probably make this same post. Dammit, triggercut, we know. SHUT UP!)