STEAM - Summer Sale 2019

It’s a good choice. I concur with @wahoo. I’ve played this game so many times over the years! If it gets its hooks into you, it can REALLY get its hooks into you. It does bounce off a few people but if you like exploration, some tension, and a great atmospheric title you will like this slow burn.

Looks cool but I can’t stand “battle heads”.

O…kay…

I like the Nuuvem coupon code. SORRYSTEAM

This is the wrong answer!

That was definitely me. Long Dark is the game that taught me that I don’t find survival for survival’s sake to be a compelling reason to play something. I adore survival mechanics, but something else has to be going on too.

They changed this prix thing again. “Boost capacity” is now a less confusing points. I also got 2,000 more somehow without buying anything. There’s a new steal corgis option.

Any yays or nays on these?

why am i dead at sea
pizza express
psycho starship rampage
astral traveler

Anyone played Kingdoms and Castles?

Looks pretty chill, and I like building and defending castles… but wondering if this game is pretty shallow?

It’s OK. Not a ton of depth but I enjoyed building and defending for 5+ hours. I stopped before losing. I may try it again at some point. I think they have added some more content since I played. I don’t think this is a game that would keep me coming back for 50+ hours.

Steam update today to announce simplified rules, new balancing, and then there’s this (accompanied by an instructional .gif):

To clarify one point: if your team makes it to the podium and you are randomly chosen to win something off your Steam Wishlist, then we’ll grant you the top item . Just move your favorite item to the top of your wishlist and you should be good to go. There’s no need to remove other items from your wishlist – keep them there so you’ll be notified when those items release or go on sale.

You can almost hear the marketing team freakout in that last sentence.

First Game of the Sale because it looks adorable, relaxing… and I think my nephew can play this with us.

Garden Paws is pretty great. Excellent choice.

Yes. It was … ok… but completely unsatisfying and it quickly runs out of steam.

I’d spend the cash elsewhere. e.g.:

Seriously considering Snakebird and/or Snakebird primer for my puzzle fix. Any opinions?

Snakebird is fantastic as a puzzler, and I like the art style. However, the difficulty ramps up fairly quickly, which is why they made the ‘primer’ game.

Still lamenting the loss of flash sales, which were the only good reason to look at the sales after day 1. Nothing on my wishlist for a good price? Done.

Yeah I looked at the races and just shook my head, audibly said “fuck it”, and didn’t bother. I mean I don’t expect to get anything of value from these little sale games, but they typically keep me engaged for up to three minutes. This year didn’t last past 15 seconds.

Picked up Pathfinder Kingmaker, Outward and Mao’s Legacy. I think that might be it this year, most other titles I want are still early access.

Well, I’ve almost got enough points for $5 off a game, that’s not too bad. Should be able to get another one before this is over I think.

Bad 2K, bad.

Showing off that big discount percentage (Civ 5)