STEAM - Summer Sale 2019

Maybe the promotion has led people to think “hmm, what is in my wishlist?” and then decide to remove half of it because they no longer have any interest in the games.

Now that’s an interesting thought - that anything that makes people think about what’s on their wishlist prompts a bunch of deletion. That would actually make a certain amount of sense.

This is the correct way to #Steamsale. Seriously, so often there are better sales somewhere else at the same time.

I too bit on this deal. Can’t wait to try the game.

Agreed about AoW3. It too is heavily combat focused and would be my pick between the three. EL is the more traditional 4X like vinraith says.

No more fishing games!

My haul from the sale:

Everything - It’s been a couple of bucks for a long time, but today was the today I decided I actually needed to buy the thing and try it out or delete it from the wishlist.

Equilinox - This looks like a really nice ecology-ish game that has you unlocking new animals instead of new guns, what’s not to like?

Accounting+ - Something fun to play around with in VR.

Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality - This was a tough one as the price has been stubborn and it only has around 2 hours of gameplay. Yet, with the new season coming out I had to get it.

Just Thea 2 for me. I’ve played it for about an hour, just to get through the tutorial. Pretty happy so far.

Who the fuck orders their wishlist manually? So what do you guys mean by “top 3 games” ?

I do. Primarily sorted by user reviews. Then alphabetically. All the “mixed” stuff is at the top, then mostly positive, very positive, and overwhelming. All the unreleased/unreviewed stuff is at the bottom.

Who doesn’t? I throw anything I might want to keep an eye on on the wishlist, but the stuff I actually want goes at the top.

Very clear? 8 years… there are gamers on Steam now that weren’t on it 8 years ago. All it takes is one Social Media post or a text to give people the wrong idea… permanently. The stupidity here is on Valve… don’t make a game that has like 3 pages of instructions and rules and voluntary teams.

Same here, and… i’ve been using it ever since, mostly for EA titles these days, waiting for real releases.

I don’t understand this. There are two reasons I’m putting a game on my wishlist, to know that it has been released and to know when it’s on sale. And sorting the list doesn’t help with either.

In my defense I really didn’t realize it had been that long. Time really does pass at an utterly terrifying rate.

No argument there!

We use the list very differently. I use isthereanydeal.com for the functions you mention, since it tells me about sales on sites other than Steam (I almost never actually buy Steam games from Steam anymore, there’s nearly always a better third party price).

My wishlist is ordered so that if a friend or family member wants to buy me a game they know what to buy. If I just left it as a scrambled mess they’d have no idea what I actually wanted.

I don’t reorder my wishlist either but I could see it being a fun way to engage with our hobby while ‘shopping’ without actually spending money.

I’ve got like three people that might ever look at that wish-list to buy me something. The gamers already know what games we’re into at any given time and everyone else would prefer a physical present to be given. I sometimes use Amazon’s list in the way you describe though.

I’ve never ordered my wish-list either, so I just put three games not on sale at the top, but since I am not on the Corgi team it won’t matter.

I’ve got that wishlisted on my tablet. It was like half the price there.

The digital revolution really has made that hard, hasn’t it? Games, music, even books for lots of folks - all stuff you used to be able to wrap and give that you can’t anymore. Digital gifting just isn’t the same.

Yeah I struggle with it with my nephews. I want them to have something under the tree, so to speak… on the other hand I gift games to friends infrequently myself and when Steam provided gifting, it was so awesome. I created a couple of gamers that way although they have since removed the ability to gift to e-mails entirely which still sucks.

The people who know me very, very well are fine with gifting digital. The rest get me board games now… haha. which still works.

Ordering the wish list… I’d never do it outside of winning something based on order. I’m still using the same Amazon wish list from probably five years ago. I just add and remove things, no order.

Yeah. I add games to my Steam wishlist and then sync it to isthereanydeal and check it there these days.

Thanks. This may be my one summer sale purchase.