Steam Summer Sale 2021

Could you link the review?

I assume it is this one?
Steam Community :: huw :: Review for Field of Glory: Empires

whether it is Paradroid’s or not, that was extremely useful.
I really enjoy the Field of Glory 2 little battles, and thought Empire would give a narrative framework, but it really seems it doesn’t.
I enjoy FOG2 for what it is already anyway. Thank you for all the infos, gentlemen!

Going through my queue today and found this gem.

“There are three girls at Succubus Café: Lilith, Eisheth, and Alice. The cafe only opens at night and customers are served by the girls. Once a succubus reaches 18 years of age… She will always look 18. All three girls are therefore adults.”

The last sentence is both a court testament and a game description!

NSFW Save 20% on Succubus Cafe on Steam (steampowered.com)

@Left_Empty , Well, Tom liked it and I ended up getting it based on his review. I enjoy the time period and it plays differently due to simple but well done battles (you can use FOG2 to play them in more detail if you want) and a more interesting form of tech tree than something Civ-like.

That said, I haven’t played a ton due to just not taking the time to really learn the game. Even so, when I do start it up, I have a good time. I just need to dig into it more.

Lots of people here, Tom included, like their game a bit too complex for my own understanding, while all I ask is to have a pretty canvas for my toys (this is why I quite enjoyed Civ 5 — but I still need some pushback, which is why I really disliked Civ 6).
Old World is around the corner, it seems to be almost too complex, but everytime I fire it up it pulls me in. And it’s ancient themed, as every game should, I guess? :O

Yeah that’s the one. As I said it might be better now, and I seem to be in the minority as a dissenter, but I can only speak from my own experience.

I love Steel Division 2. However I play in SP and not as a multiplayer RTS game. It allows you to slow down the speed and save games. That said, it is Eastern front which is not everyone’s cup of tea. Each Division has characteristics, so playing different divisions gives different flavors. Some a strong armor, some strong infantry, etc, but even within that each unit type can demand different play styles.

Motorsports Manager: I liked the mobile game, but bounced off the PC version. To me the meaningful choice ratio was off, ie I was making lots of choices but few made much difference.

I thought this was going to be one of those logic puzzles. Lilith is sitting to the right of the man with the red hat.

I hope this is no riddle, because Eisheth gives me sweats.

My current ‘haul’ involves Quake and Quake 2, Black Mesa and Paradigm. Which is about… £12 total. I’m considering Dusk too.

You could’ve save yourself all that typing and just say it wasn’t fun :)

With a game description like that, everyone should own it.

I’ve mostly been purchasing DLC for Call of the Wild since, individually, they’re pretty cheap. Probably should have bought the Complete Collection bundle and be done with it.

I think it’s one @krayzkrok recommended (via a Steam review) a while back and it’s always stuck out in my mind as an adventure game to pick up. Gaming needs more (good) comedy!

When you say NSFW - you do in fact mean it.

I see.

All this talk of RPGs and nobody mentioned this was on sale for $2.49? Gods help me, I am actually considering it.

Seriously though, Divinity : Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition is only $17.99, a historic low.

Valheim is on sale for a couple bucks off at $17.99. Can’t recommend this game enough at that price as it’s an incredibly addicting survival/exploration/crafting game with Viking lore. Tons of content already with more to come.

Has anyone had any experience with Legends of Ellaria? It looks interesting, and at $11.24 seems worthwhile unless it’s a buggy mess or something.

I went with:

I’m tempted by that but I didn’t have a great experience when they had a free weekend. I approached a herd of animals and they just stood there and let me blast them. They’d move a couple feet when I shot them but didn’t try and get away. I did have some more normal behavior from other animals.

I played it a bit. The premise is interesting, the execution is quite rough though. I cant decide if buggy mess is too harsh but its in the right ballpark. The game’s ambition was simply too much I think. It has so many components and is inevitably bad at all of them.