Steam Summer Sale 2021

Hunting and Fishing in RDR2 should be all anyone needs. :)

That would certainly be a bad first experience with the game! Nothing like that has happened to me.

Wow I am so smart getting this 85% off!!!

Now looking at spending $1000+ on HOTAS and VR setup…

Current Haul:
Dicey Dungeons! Thanks to @espressojim mentioning it, $5 is definitely my price point for this, and it feels a nice complement to the ideas in Circadian Dice - it’s basically the polar opposite!

Digital Foil Hero and Villain Cards for Sentinels of the Multiverse: Bought the Omnibus Edition last sale for the modding support - the Cauldron basically adds another season of expansions! But turns out these alternate character card art packs aren’t included, so rounding out all the cards. If you want all the playable bits though I recommend the Omnibus Edition that I grabbed last round, just know you’ll need the foil packs later if you want extra bling art.

Gloomhaven: Not sure if it’s really my thing - it’s a pretty brainy tactical dungeon crawler, as opposed to a mindless hack and slash. I definitely respect the design though so, it’s in the same pile as Through the Ages. I almost thought it was broken though, the first time setup it gets stuck for quite a while initialising things.

Refunded: WH40K Inquisitor Martyr. I went polar opposite of brainy crawler and into dakka/chainsaws/grenades/rockets/jump jets, but about an hour in, I felt I saw enough of the mechanics to see the hamster wheel. Probably because I pulled up my old Grim Dawn character, played a bit of Torchlight III on Gamepass and tried some Dawn of War 2 - maybe all that plus 90 mins of Martyr was enough for me to get my fix.

Just to be clear, the two foil packs for Sentinels are just variant art changes and all the powers stay the same? Because I would be interested if they changed the powers as well.

The foil packs has alternate art for every single hero and villain character card, base and variant. Just the front/back of those cards, no gameplay changes - it’s pure bling (but a lot of it, especially the hero one). But if you just want to have all the gameplay bits, the Omnibus Edition has that covered (I guess that’s why it’s not in that set). All the official variants done and are free if you have the base character (they’re initially locked behind story challenges but you can just unlock them with a button push if you want to play them right away and get the achievement later).

Thanks for the info, I already own the Omnibus Edition so guess I will skip the foil packs since there are no variant powers introduced.

Is there any way to filter what DLC for games I already own are on sale in one big list?

Sitting on the sale for the first time ever this year!

This sounds a lot like a webcomic a former officer I know when I was in the Air Force created.

Does Soul Harvest support controller? I note Fallen God claims to on its store page.

I have no clue. Its not something I have ever tried.

Use Steam DB and sync your profile (needs to be public for the sync). Then you can filter for DLC for games you own.

Brilliant. Thanks. That reminded me to get Mooncrash for Prey.

Wow, that’s crazy useful. Thanks.

Thank you. that is exactly what I needed to know. Sounds like I will skip it for now, then revisit should it fall below $10 or appear in a bundle sometime in the future. It looks very interesting, but several reviews echo your sentiments about it being too ambitious and as a result not doing much of anything very well. It looks like the developers are still actively working on it (optimization patch just came out June 18th) and it only emerged from Early Access in April, so hopefully it gets better with a bit more time.

Given the rest of this post, I was expecting Paradigm to be a retro first person shooter I’d never heard of.

It is clearly not that!

Is it me or do they make it impossible to figure out buying content. Looking at some games on steam there’s ultimate, legendary, and deluxe editions, but no description on whats in what or if you buy this bundle you’re going to get this game as well. Very confusing.

I trust my anti-marketing guts and always get the plain, non legendary-deluxe-xxx++ versions.
It sometimes got me into trouble (First Borderlands is the one I remember where I should have grabbed the GOTY), but more often than not, it’s just fluff that doubles the price of an heavily discounted version.
They try to make it hard to tell what’s inside those more expensive versions for a reason, is my logic.

My big purchase was this and all its DLC:

It never goes on sale and looks wonderfully janky, so I can’t wait to try it. I also snagged:

Pretty happy with my haul.