Steam summer sale has started

Nothing today for me, either. I’m kicking myself for not jumping on the Shogun 2 deal, so I hope that they revisit that one. Other than that, this has been a pretty uneventful Steam sale for me. I picked up Spectromancer for $2.50… and that’s it. Wait, no–I also grabbed backup copies of The Longest Journey and Dreamfall, for $7.

Short answer X3:TC-- look just a few posts up for reasons.

Anyone have experience with that P.A.M. title?

I guess tomorrow will be a bunch of re-runs? Dang, I was hoping for a Dawn of War II sale. Oh well, it’s not like I don’t have a ton of new things to play now :)

O.o

It was on sale, I got the newest one for 14.99. The others were even cheaper.

I think it was on Day 2?

Dawn of War 2 went on sale.

Oh, and my damage:

$6.80 - Oblivion
$4.50 - King Arthur Collection
$6.99 - King’s Bounty Collection
$2.49 - Company of Heroes
$4.99 - Tomb Raider: Legend
$2.49 - Tomb Raider: Anniversary
$3.39 - Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
$4.99 - Prince of Persia 2008
$2.49 - Terraria

Total: $39.13. Pretty good.

Really? Rats! I don’t know why I missed that.

Yeah, I was really hoping for a Morrowind GotY daily deal for less than 10 bucks. Still, I’ve had a decent haul so far:

Mass Effect 2
Tomb Raider Anniversary (backup)
FarCry (backup)
Atom Zombie Smasher
Beat Hazard
Fallout NV DLC
Trine
Bully (backup)
Tropico 3 Gold
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate
Men of War: Assault Squad
Defense Grid DLC (4 map packs)
Dark Messiah of M&M (backup)

Total damage so far: $59.66 – my total actually spent at the Steam store since Feb. 2008 is approximately 465 dollars (doesn’t count keys redeemed from stuff purchased at other vendors).

@Otagan–thanks for the detailed answer on the Beat hazard bosses. Luckily I didn’t spring for “Ultra” so I don’t have to face the centipede boss, I don’t think.

Correct. You’ll only have the twin smaller turret bosses and the big turret boss, so my first bit is the only applicable segment. Take them apart one half at a time, and with the twins make sure you focus on them separately. If you’re fast enough, you can completely disarm one of the two before they can get a volley off.

You should seriously consider the Ultra DLC, though. It’s absolutely amazing.

Sounding the All Clear here as well.

So tomorrow we just scarf off everything that is at insanely low prices rather than at the apocalyptically low daily prices we have enjoyed, correct?

Pretty much. I’m digging through the under $5 titles to see if there’s diamonds in the rough.

speaking of, we need Brian to tell us about Mayhem Intergalactic.

Nothing today…

And since tomorrow is the last day, Fate of the World will be mine!

Portal 2 and Terraria for me. My first two purchases of the sale. I suppose this means Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 isn’t going on sale since tomorrow is revisiting old sales.

Bought SupCom2 and DLC for my son… and found out that I own it already (which I did not recall… sadly).

Those Prince of Persia games for €2.50 each are quite tempting… they all support gamepads, too. I think I’ll get the most recent one at least.

So no answer on this P.A.M. game? I suppose I could try the demo. The only thing tempting me today is the Sam and Max stuff, and maybe the early X games (BTF and Extension just for nostalgia and modern-system updates).

*Regarding P.A.M. Demo…

Scratch that , the demo I played was for Crasher, and that game was not that great. Too many carmageddon clones out.

I surfed around, and couldn’t find a demo anywhere for PAM, not even gamershell, and they usually have every demo.

I hope the New Vegas DLC wasn’t too deeply discounted, because I totally missed that.

It was down to 3 bucks each.

BTW, I don’t see a way to download a demo for P.A.M.

Oh, did anyone manage to snag those free soundtracks for Company of Heroes?

The Shogun 2 deal was literally a whole $3 less than it is right now.

Not into horror, so not getting the Dead Space games.