Steam Trading Thread

I’d certainly be happy to take your hats if you really just want to get rid of them, but as mentioned you probably could get an inexpensive game for the pile if you wanted to keep at it.

One problem is that the steam board moves pretty quickly, so the challenge is getting who might be interested to see your posts. I’d say conservatively you have at least 15 refined worth of hats there, so put the in the title that you’re offering ~15 refined worth of stuff for say, $7-10 worth of games. It should get snapped up quickly. You’ll have to bump the thread every so often; Not sure whether that’s worth the trouble to you, but there it is.

Still, free tf2 promo items are really an untapped source of value for many gamers. For example, if you preordered the recent football manager, you basically can basically resell the promo items for about the same cost of the game. I’ve gotten Saints Row 3 and Arkham City preorders by trading roughly $36 worth of items (each).

I will trade Bastion for Cave Story Plus, which just released at $8.50, and permission to foist Sanctum off onto you.

Have the following for trade:
Acquaria and Crayon Physics Deluxe
Bunch of Heros
Renegade Ops x2
Dungeon Defenders
Section 8 Prejudice
Worms Ultimate Mayhem

I don’t have (or really want Bastion or Cave Story), not sure what else is out there for trade that I don’t have but if you’ve got something let me know, if I have it already maybe my nephew doesn’t.

I have 2 copies of Terraria to trade off now too, in addition to the above.

I have extra steam codes for Cthulhu Saves the World and Breath of Death VII - any deal proposal would be considered. Hell, I’ll probably give them away.

I also have an extra for both Cthulhu and Breath of Death now from the Really Big Bundle. I lost the Acquaria and Crayon Physics code that I had cause I had to redeem it to get the newly added Dungeons of Dreadmore key that they put in to the Humble bundle as a bonus. No big wow, but glad I didn’t give it away before they sweetened the deal.

KKKKAAAAHHHHHHNNNN!!!

Now easier than ever to accept trades…

http://store.steampowered.com/news/6952/?snr=1_550_552&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It’s quite strange that they would let you turn a received gift into one you can send yourself to someone else, I’m sure that will turn out to be useful. I wonder why there has been no announcement about this.

How many coupons can I use on an item?
You can use one coupon per item.

Can I use coupons on already discounted items?
Coupons are valid on discounted items unless specified otherwise.

What happens to my coupons when they expire?
Expired coupons will be automatically removed from your inventory.

How do I know which products the coupon can apply to?
Coupons in your inventory will have a button marked “View Applicable Games” in the detail panel for each one. Following this button will show you a page with available products that the coupon can apply to.

How do I apply a coupon during checkout?
When you add a valid item to your cart, Steam will apply any of your applicable coupons automatically. Prior to clicking “purchase,” you can choose to save your coupon for later by clicking the “Change/Remove coupon” link for that coupon in your cart.

How do I know when my coupons will expire?
The expiration date is displayed in the detailed information for each coupon in your Steam Inventory.

Can I trade Steam Coupons?
Yes! You can trade your Steam Coupons using Steam Trading for other items, games or coupons.

I wonder if you could create a coupon with a Steam code. That way you can have the code stored in your inventory along with your other gifts.

[EDIT]
Eh, I think I understand now what it is, there’s a picture out there of what it will look like.

Theres a update today. A lot of enhancements trade related. Mostly moving things to the “Steam Inventory”.

Also this line:

• Fixed creating empty folders in some cases

Sounds like a bad idea to me, some games may be dependant on existing empty folders.

This probably isn’t the most appropriate Steam thread but what the heck.

I do have free copies of Half-Life 2 and HL2: Episode 1 and a few hats or something from TF2 (which I never play) to give away but mostly I just wanted to mention that I’m adding some Qt3ers to my Steam friends list and I didn’t see any way to include a warning like “I’m not stalking you, I’m just looking for someone to play that obscure indie co-op title I paid $1.59 for two years ago with” so this post basically serves as that warning.

More on-topic, that new mail icon next to my account name in Steam makes it look like I always have new mail and I do not. I have no mail at all!

I have copies of Bastion, Fallout: New Vegas, Limbo, and 2 copies of Terraria for trade, should anyone be interested.

Has anyone gotten a Steam coupon yet?

I have a Railworks coupon (50% off either the game itself or one piece of DLC). I think that’s the only one they’ve given out so far, and I’m fairly sure they only gave it to people who already have Railworks.

It expires on the 12th so I wouldn’t mind just giving it to someone provided they actually were going to use it and not just re-trade it for TF2 hats.

Would you accept a steam code for Braid, Machinarium, Osmos, and Revenge of the Titans in exchange for Bastion?

I’d happily take Bastion, but all I can offer right now is a steam code for Braid, Machinarium, Osmos, and Revenge of the Titans if that interests you.

I have the following to trade:

Half-Life
Cogs
Defense Grid

I’d be interested in Bastion, and have:

Codes
Sword of the Stars Complete,
Magicka
First Humble Bundle (World of Goo, Aquaria, Gish, Lugaru HD, Penumbra Overture, and Samorost 2)

Steam Inventory
Zen Bound 2
Magnetis
Everyday Genius: Square Logic

I have an extra New Vegas Steam key. Any takers with something to give back?

I would love a coy of nv but not sure I have anything folks are after, bunch of heroes aye? I see lots of folks are getting the HL series too, could use one of ea ch for my nephew, my trades list is above