Steam Winter Sale 2018

Man, feels like we just had a Steam sale, but hey, who am I to complain? Anyone dipping in again so soon after last month?

I bought nothing during the Autumn Sale, so my wallet is fat and my wishlist is over 300. Much will be bought!

Also what happens in the Cozy Cottage, stays in the Cozy Cottage. ;)

I’m trying to split some of my steam purchases over to gog. Grabbed Cold Waters for 19, and got Fantasy General and Everspace for free!

Back to steam. I may add all the Conan dlc. My lack of computer time may keep me from blowing a wad on steam

My wishlist is full of EA titles. I need a few of them to actually release.

8 items on my wishlist are on sale, but the best discount is only a mere 50% off.

Welp, I’m done.

Two of those dlc weren’t even on sale!

What are you doing!?!?!

;)

I waited to see if they would be, since they JUST came out, but since they weren’t, feh, it ain’t no thing.

Wow, those last 4 items are literally in my cart right now. Never heard of the first two, but you’re making me think I should take a look.

Yakuza 0 is on sale but I hear that the PS4 version has fewer bugs. Read something about a game-breaking bug in the PC version whereby some items change to different ones?

Yay!!!

Sorted my wishlist by price and… nothing looks particularly attractive. Looks like my wallet is safe for now.

Ever since Steam put in regional pricing the sales have become much less enjoyable for me since every game I choose can’t be bought in Canada and sent to the States, or Japan, or France. It’s very frustrating.

I grabbed Assassin’s Creed Origins for $20. Don’t know when I’ll play it, but the idea of having a beautifully rendered ancient Alexandria to wander around in was just too tempting at that price.

Well worth it for the Discovery Tour mode alone.

I’ve never played any Assassin’s Creed games, and I’ve been somewhat interested in both Origins and Black Flag but I truly deeply hate and loathe the whole “time saver” DLC concept as well as the pay-to-avoid-grinding crap that apparently is built into Origins and Odyssey. However, all of these games are on sale at hefty discounts so I’m wondering if it’s worth trying?

Like Black Flag the base game is on sale for $7 - is that worth checking out? I’m a bit put off by the fact that the gold version costs $20 even on sale and doesn’t include the “time saver” stuff.

Or, maybe Origins is worth it for $20? But will the whole pay-to-win crap piss me off?

Any thoughts?

I like the artwork for the last two sales.

I’d just go with Origins at this point, its far better than Black Flag imho.

Though it is worth listening to the Black Flag sea shanties online. :)

This is internet bullshit. If you fancy Ancient Egypt you won’t get a better rendering than AC Origins.

Truth be told, I never cared about AC until Google Stream let me play Odyssey, which is so fun I’m buying Origins as a result.