Steam Winter Sale Damage Thread

Hexcells:

Can I just purchase Hexcells Infinite? Or is it worth it to get the pack of games? I never played any of the versions.

Get them all. The infinite levels aren’t bad but they’re not as good as the handcrafted levels, and hexcells is great so you’ll want all the levels you can get.

Seconded.

Thanks to you both!

Ordered a Steam Link. $8 for shipping, FYI. Really want to play Helldivers from the couch and I’m an Xbox person.

I wonder if Amazon still has the steam link, you can get free shipping from them if it is.

Bought all 3 for the ipad on Friday, wow what a great game. finished the 1st one already

I’ve actually made a little bit of progress in my backlog by skipping the last few Steam sales… so, time to stop that. I grabbed Prison Architect, Seraph, and Defense Grid 2, for a total of $15.64. I’m also really tempted by both of the games @cicobuff mentioned (… especially Rogue Wizards), but I just don’t see any chance that I’m playing either before they go on a deeper discount.

Hadn’t planned on buying anything, but ended up finally picking up “Rise Of The Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration” for $29.99.

I enjoyed the 2013 reboot. It was a totally different animal than the 90’s originals, but still enjoyable on its own terms, so if its sequel is as good, I’ll be happy.

And I was going to call it good, but now I see a few of you have mentioned pinball games. I’ve always loved pinball (I own two actual physical tables), but for some reason I’ve never even tried a computer pinball sim since the 90’s. Where do I start? I may need to do some research. EDIT: Looks like Pinball Arcade has a free table to start with, so I’ll try that.

Pinball FX also has a free table too I think.

Good point. I think it is Sorcerer’s Lair? Or at least it used to be, I believe.

Atom Zombie Smasher
Aragami
Stephen’s Sausage Roll
SHENZHEN I/O

I might pick up Dishonored 2 in addition to that (Gamersgate has a great price), but that can wait since I’m on a laptop until next week anyway.

AoE2: African Kingdoms
AoE2: Rise of the rajas
Stellaris Plantoid Species pack

Sunless Sea
Sentinels of the Multiverse Season Pass 1
80 Days
Twilight Struggle
Offworld Trading Company

Just as I was about to get Mini Metro it went even cheaper on the iPad, so that is where that one resides, which seems a good choice from what I’ve played so far. I’m still eyeing Vietnam '65 and Stardew Valley. Happy Xmas!

I decided to take the opportunity to just go ahead and buy the dozen cheapest items on my Steam wishlist:

Prime World: Defenders
The Cat Lady
Bardbarian
Yet Another Zombie Defense
Galak-Z
The Last Door - Season One
Red Comrades Save the Galaxy: Reloaded
The Aquatic Adventures of the Last Human
35MM
Ark: The Great Escape
Pony Island
Roundabout

Urban Empire - at least I won’t get emails about it anymore
Sonicomi - judge me if you wish
The Longest Journey
Dreamfall
Dreamfall Chapters
Lego Indiana Jones (the first and best)

and I was gifted Watch Dogs 2 on a technicality (Amazon credit + a Blue Yeti mic)
and I was also gifted Total War: Warhammer

So not that bad this year. Will probably buy the Warhammer DLC soon, which is normal damage and not sale damage.

Keep us posted, please, on Urban Empire. It has my interest.

My damage so far:

Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
Batman - A Telltale Series
Darkest Dungeon
Door Kickers
The Flame in the Flood
Her Story
Invisible, Inc.
Mad Max
Rusty Lake Hotel
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Surely. A political city-builder, I have to admit that’s new. Still nearly a month away, though.

My damages:

Broforce
Kopanito All-Stars Soccer
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Nidhogg
TowerFall Ascension
BADLAND: Game of the Year Edition
Castle Crashers
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Gauntlet Slayer Edition
Undertale
Windlands