Stellaris grand strategy space game by Paradox discussy thingy thready thingy

Plus I feel like the best solution is already in play - at game setup just make everyone use the same method. Problem solved.

I know that I like to stick with single-method games.

Though they still have to design defenses so they can work for all methods at once, since not everyone is going to play like that.

I have to think that wormhole is the worst offender here. Maybe they set up a structure that makes enemy hyper and warp fleets slow within a radius, and don’t allow wormhole to jump across the radius?

Don’t think they need to remove it, I don’t use all three, just pick one at the beginning of the game and make everyone use it. I prefer the straight warp (AKA Moo-like), but have played a few games with hyper lanes as well. Have not done worm holes, seems too messy and complicated.

Final update before 1.5/Banks drops next month, and this one talks about some of the (great sounding) graphical and UI tweeks that will be free for all.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-66-graphics-interface-in-banks.1007122/

Okay, this will be the update where I finally dive into the game properly. For real! Unless they announce another cool expansion straight after… :)

I am surprised they haven’t fixed the “it looks likes it in my border, but it’s not” issue. Where due to the 3D it looks like it’s in your borders, but it’s just outside if you fiddle with your viewpoint. It isn’t a huge issue, but can be annoying, especially for new players.

This is what I keep thinking too. I wasn’t impressed at release, but I think it may have some promise now.

Wasn’t that already fixed? Or never really an issue? Each star has a base hex that is coloured to show the border it’s within. See here:

;)

It really isn’t a big issue, but it is something I have seen others complain about, like Tom. So since they are adjusting the UI, I figured it was something they would improve.

Ya’ll like patch notes, right? Well, here you go. Massive list of them.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-67-banks-patch-notes.1008247/

those are not patch notes…thats a new game

I think I already said something along these lines upthread, but Utopia feels more like Stellaris 2 in a lot of ways than “just” an expansion. It’s a massive expansion and I feel it targets many of the games deficiencies effectively, at least on paper.

Yeah there’s a lot to like there. I think Wiz has a pretty good vision for the game, and for what mechanics will work well in practice. I feel like the initial design of Stellaris gestured at a lot of great concepts, but didn’t deliver in the actual mechanical implementation. Based only on what I’ve read, they are definitely on the road of fulfulling that promise. Of course mechanical problems could pop up in the new approaches, but I am pretty hopeful.

Of course, I am always looking at the next thing. Wiz at one point said that he has some ideas of how to deal with doomstacks, tweaking of FTL and the operational warfare game in general. I’m dying to hear what they have in mind, but they generally don’t discuss that stuff until they have it working in game and are fairly confident it will show up in the final product. They say that 1.6 will be more of a “quality of life” patch, but I’m hoping the changes they have in mind will make it into that release.

What I like about Wiz is that at this point I feel like I have at least a notion of what his vision for the game is, and after seeing the notes from Utopia, I trust him to really make Stellaris something great. I’m already in the camp that thinks it is pretty good, but it has an absurd amount of potential.

Wiz vid describing Utopia and Banks. Looks pretty cool. I’ll be diving back in for a new game start.

Also, half way through Fire Upon the Deep. Might finish it before April 6. Would be really cool if someday I could fight a Class 2 Perversion. :) Death To Vermin!

Ooooooooooooo!

That was a nice little video. I watched some of the stream they started back in Feb and I have to say I’m liking all the changes and am eager to dive in later this week.

I am really excited for Thursday and the 1.5 patch. I’m not sure if this has been discussed or made clear, but with this new patch, can I change the ethics of my race through ascension perks or decisions made in certain events; can my egalitarian xenophiles be converted to hive mind drones? In other words, through the use of events or picking a certain trait path during the game, could I evolve my starting human race into the Borg? It seems like I may be able to do just that, and that kind of blows my mind.

I suppose could create a custom race that starts out with hive mind ethics right off the bat, but it would be so much more interesting for me to select a set of choices during the game that would lead my species down that path.

Maybe could I do the reverse… take my hive mind insect drones and turn them into militarist authoritarians after some sort of awakening or death of my hive queen?

Hurry up, Thursday.

As I understand it, you can only do part of what you want. Ethics of pops can evolve over time in response to various things, and you can change your government ethics as well. However, hive mind, AFAIK, is not something you can select later on. You can evolve your starting egalitarian xenophile humans into authoritarian xenophobes, and turn them into cyborgs and then robots, but you can’t do the hivemind thing.

Also, I don’t think you can deselect the hivemind thing. Though I think a hivemind can eventually figure out a way to incorporate non-hive pops into the setup? Also hiveminds can only do biological ascension.

I was going to post something similar, but the truth is I don’t actually know for sure. Who is to say you can’t learn tech to connect your citizens together into a hive mind going down the Psionic ascension path? Anything is possible. But I’d assume you can’t and be surprised when you can, rather than the other way around.