Streaming, podcasting, or writing something cool? Bump this thread with a link!

Here’s my latest column for Unwinnable

Daaaammmmnn, gotta appreciate a game that will go “there”. Great article.

Hey cool, never heard of Unwinnable, have to go back through your articles.

Friends, we just had a great podcast with the developer of Astrox Imperium, but there’s also a contest wherein you can win a copy of the game, so I thought I’d share it. Good luck!

So my project earlier this year at work turned into a paper that was presented today at the Future Technologies Conference in Vancouver.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6riLxf95QL2U3E4YW5oend1TWNWRUt4M3VqR3k4aldRbDc4/view

What we did was kind of an amazing discovery for us. The conventional smarts of a swarm intelligence now has stacks of evidence to support it, and not just from the company I work for. But what we did was to show that an artificial swarm intelligence has more social intelligence than an individual member of that swarm…and even more than a “wisdom of the crowds” response generated by the group.

The implication is so cool. It says that we can make an AI that is socially smart and aware and able to have empathy and a morality…but at its core, it is an AI that requires and values human beings. Which is kinda why we do what we do…as a species, we’re closing in on an evolutionary bottleneck (we’ve hit those before) and need to make a leap. We’d like to contribute to that.

Also, my name is on the paper, so I got that goin’ for me. ;)

Wow. Congrats!

Thank you!

If anyone is interested, we’re running a subscription special for the Monthly we do. A lot of it gets reprinted, but we commission longer features

https://unwinnable.com/special-offer-subscription/

Well done!

More Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead streaming on Twitch starting in a few minutes. Only need 4 more followers for Associate status!

Hey friends, welcome to another week of spacey gaming! This week, with no new games to take my attention, we’re gonna go back to 1990 with SSI’s digital adaptation of the FASA board game, Renegade Legion: Interceptor, the precursor to 1995’s far-less-good Renegade: Battle for Jacob’s Star. I also have a video up today of Star Traders: Frontiers, and tomorrow I’ll have a video of Scrap Galaxy. I seem to only have so much mental energy to make videos of late, which is why there aren’t more of them.

On this week’s podcast (Tuesday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’re taking a break from guests to talk about issues surrounding game discoverability from both a fan and developer perspective.

On Thursday’s LAN Party (Thursday, 5:30 PM Pacific, Twitch, YouTube, Mixer), we’ll be returning to the super-fun Unreal-powered FPS, TOXIKK. There’s also a free version of the game with which you can join us,

More South Park. I also finally managed to become a Twitch affiliate, so you can cheer and sub to me! SUB TO MEEEEEEE

Begging isn’t a good look for you, sir. ;)

Was trying for more of a Manservant Hecubus vibe, but I see what you mean…

Oh I see it now. I really need to rewatch those. So great.

Tonight at 8:30 est on my channel I’m going to be interviewing Bill Gardner who designed Perception on a livecast.

I meant to post this here awhile back but real life distracted me.

Sorry, quick question: What do you guys use for editing videos (on Windows)?

Hahhahahhahhahhahhhhhhahahahaah editing…