Stupid shit you see on Facebook

He has a point. Everyone should be allowed to own bombs!

I don’t know about you guys, but I blame the gun.

Yea, every gun is just waiting for that weak minded owner they can dominate and turn to the dark side.

This made me laugh, because it actually is the logical point he’s making.

No. The point is that no-one should own a car.

Their proper title is “two ton speeding death machines,” thank you very much.

That’s half his point. The other half is that bombs are just like cars. You know, everyone owns bombs, we don’t blame bombs for bombings.

Only… um… bombs are pretty fucking illegal and explosives are really, really strictly regulated, so that’s like the worst possible analogy ever.

Honestly, I didn’t know where to put this. It’s not Facebook, but it’s good enough.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/32277324/make-america-white-again-campaign-sign-causing-controversy-in-polk-co

The sign, located off Highway 411 near Benton, says “Make America White Again” and was put there by Rick Tyler, an independent candidate in the race for Tennessee’s 3rd congressional district seat currently held by Chuck Fleischmann.

Tyler told Channel 3, he has no hatred in his heart for “people of color.” He says the sign’s message is that America should go back to a “1960s, Ozzie and Harriet, Leave it to Beaver time when there were no break-ins; no violent crime; no mass immigration.”

Man, I had no idea that the 1960’s had no violent crime.

What the @#$%ing hell?!? I’m glad you posted the news story, because otherwise I would have assumed somebody shopped the picture.

Here’s another of the billboards from the same guy:

Confederate flags on the White House.

The WHITE house, M I RITE?

People like that jackwad are useful, in a sense, as public reminders that we’re not there yet.

You mean racism doesn’t exist just because all the minorities are running around with race cards?

<sarcasm>

I’m sure that’s what he meant. That racism doesn’t exist.

That was sarcasm, of course. I’m sure you’re familiar with the prevalence of the accusation of the “race card” these days… the idea that if you didn’t talk about racism it wouldn’t exist.

Meanwhile, next door in Kentucky (which NC would know as Virginia’s Tennessee), Ken Ham is building a creationist theme park, with a life sized Ark.

“It’s the biggest timber frame structure in the world,” the Ark’s founder, Ken Ham, told me on the top deck of the Ark – which will include an upscale restaurant.

The fact that there is an “upscale restaurant” on the deck of the Ark is the strangest thing about this story to me, for some reason.

Oh, c’mon. Really? That’s what you thought I meant?

No, that’s not what I meant. I meant that people like that jackass are good reminders that people like that jackass exist. Most racists don’t buy space on billboards to remind us that they’re still around.

Maybe they will have animals there and let you pick out your meal alive. “Are you sure you want the chicken? We are down to our last 2…” :)