Stupid shit you see on Facebook

“Don’t step on my toes, getting queers out of our schools is my sphere of influence.”

With the blacks and Hispanics? That’s being optimistic.

Black History Month, am I right?

That girl is a senior at a Catholic high school and writes like that? Forget the incredibly racist message for a moment, if I were her parents I’d be suing to get my four years of tuition back. Holy crap.

As for the racist content, that reads a whole lot like it was learned at home and not at school. She sounds like she is parroting older family members word for word. Usually when I talk to kids between 10-20 years old I come away feeling fairly good about the future of race relations in our country because we have a generation coming of age soon who grew up with an African-American President and minorities and women represented much more prominently in all aspects of society. But man, when the parents are hard core racists, what chance do their kids really have to break the cycle? It sounds like this girl recognizes that how she feels is probably not normal, but can’t reconcile that with what she’s been indoctrinated in at home. Ugh.

The best/worst part of the essay is her assertion that Jesus, the Apostles and all the people in the Bible were white, so you know, master race, duh. This always boggles my mind about Fundamentalist conservatives. Do they not grasp the fact that native people in the region at that time (so Mary, Joseph, Jesus, etc.) would have had much darker, Persian/Arabic features? Jesus most likely looked a whole lot less like Brad Pitt and a whole lot more like Oded Fehr. The ultimate irony being that most of these same “good Christians” support Trump’s ban on refugees from the same area of the world where their very Lord and Savior lived his life and made his ultimate sacrifice supposedly for humanity, yet we can’t possibly let people who look like Jesus would have looked and come from places where Jesus would have preached into our country because “they’re dangerous”.

You know, not to mention that Jesus, aka “King of the Jews” was super duper Jewish.

The people most likely to hate “the Jews” seem to only read the Jewish parts of the Bible as well.

In the sense that there will always be a website for something (not to mention rule 34, but we’ll leave that for another thread), it’s disturbing how many people are invested in “disproving” this most obvious fact of Christianity.

Which is weird, because most of us scratch our heads at the parts of Torah the gentiles seem to obsess over.

They’re just dickheads looking for something to excuse them being dickheads. If it weren’t religion, it would be something else.

Not really political, but stupid and on Facebook…

Saw my dad commenting on this picture asking people to tell them which piece of toast is done perfectly. The exciting life of a 64 year old man haha.

15 Easy!

Plus One.

Yup. 5

I may need to take a break from the politics forums. I looked at that toast thing and the first thing that came to mind was “that’s totally a dog whistle for racism!”.

There’s only one hot Piece of Toast I’m interested in:

13…

America’s test kitchen recommends using white bread in a low oven to visualize your ovens heat distribution and identify hotspots.

So, my first thought was: “man, that oven really favors the rear left corner. They need to make sure to rotate cookie trays halfway through baking.”

Where do I get toast that has Mickey Mouse ears? My kids will totally love it!

Here?

11, but as I usually eat wheat bread, it would be brown before it went in the toaster anyway.