Subnautica: Below Zero (2020, Unknown Worlds)

Vic, something tells me they might shift games to something different, but I’m hoping you’re right. They have slowly built their own IP at this point. Why not keep it going?

If there is anything that I learned the hard way, it’s that you should probably stick to what you had success (core competency I think the technical term was lol) with even if you think you are bored with it. I would have vehemently argued against that 10 years ago. But for good or bad, finding new customers is harder than keeping old ones happy.

That’s not to say that they should stick with what they have and make Subnautica 2. I was thinking more of a theme change and pushing forward on areas they felt they wanted to explore in greater depth next time whether it be AI, emergent or procedural story design or whatever. Just as long as they don’t make a match 3 I’ll be happy…and I sort of like match 3’s. But designers and companies are human beings and they often want something fresh, a new challenged etc.

I dunno, I thought you guys put out some great stuff, even outside of your core games. But I hear ya. I’m outside and looking in. We see that a lot when a big game company goes in a different direction. It seems better if they at least keep it close, with the core Bethesda and role playing games as an example.

Lost Ship Update

Awe yeah!!! New update, this is looking so good.

More info from 2 weeks ago, regarding them changing the story:

Guessing 1.0 is gonna slip into the 2nd half of the year.

I peeked at a youtube a few weeks ago, where a guy I follow was checking it out in Early Access. Lots of big spoilers right from the getgo, compared to the Early Access peeks I took when the original game was still rolling out, and I immediately stopped watching.

Very excited!

Salad update!

They are taking their time with this game. It’s one year and a half since the game was released on EA, from what I can see. Anyone knows the planned date for 1.0?

They are just doing it to tease you. Once you have forgotten about the game, they will release it.

Tell me about it, I was gifted it back in January when its “1.0” was supposedly imminent.

UPDATE!

So i just finished the first one (so awesome) and i had an itch for more, im guessing this is still a long way to go until release?

A humble request. Please change the thread title when it is out of Early Access.

Yeah I am thinking 2021, for v1.0

New update, Relics of the Past!

Oooh, I saw that it was in Early Access on the Epic store, so it’s story complete? That means more or less content complete, minus bugs and fixes? I’ve been salivating for this one.

@Houngan it is … NOT =( Ugh! I thought the same thing, so I was like “I am going to play this through now! Yay!” So I got towards the end and then it just… stopped. What the heck I thought to myself, then saw this:
" While we have added a complete story, the finale will remain hidden until release to keep the mystery alive. We anticipate it will be a little while longer before the final version is in your hands."

. . .

P.S. It’s still a load of fun, if a bit shorter then the first one. I think I m OK with that though.

Skipper gifted me a copy at the beginning of the year when it was supposedly going to exit EA in Feb? Mar? And I’ve been patiently waiting for that day to come :-(

Every now and then I get the urge to fire up the original just to build some bases. But too many other games I haven’t even touched yet.

Appreciate the heads-up, I’ll continue to wait.