Subnautica: Below Zero (2020, Unknown Worlds)

I didn’t get any cameras when i built it either, but I did pop outside and drop it near where they attach to the room and they loaded right up.

From what I’ve played, Below Zero does have those things.

Have you played the first one? I might end up buying Below Zero today…

Yep, played it almost all the way through and loved it. Below Zero, so far (I’m only a few hours in) is very similar in tone, pace, and feel.

Ah, what the heck. Enough of being fussy: I loved the first one so it should have been a no brainer in the first place given some statements here and the reviews. Buying…

Lol, nice. You’ll like it. For me it’s a way to get back into the gameplay of Subnautica without actually having to replay the game.

Loved the first one most of the way through - it overstayed its welcome just a bit IMO and toward the end it over-focused on fighting hostile fauna (to be clear, the VERY end was awesome, but getting there was a pain). Still, it was mostly a blast even if the ending left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, so I’m looking forward to this one. I’m hoping maybe it’ll avoid some of those same pitfalls, but even if not it should be a fun ride for most of its length.

It did get a bit longwinded at the end, mainly by rarity factor of the components necessary for the endgame and travel times to collect them, but it was a great journey.

It was really just that lowest zone and all that hostile wildlife that wore me out, I loved everything else. I was so aggravated with the hostile wildlife by the end that I’d have nuked the site from orbit on my way out given the option.

There was one particular area and one particular titan that I eventually googled how to kill, and it fixed it for me.

At a certain point, my solution to everything was “drill baby drill.”

I did it on my own 90 minutes ago. I guess I should check the forum more frequently!

After getting the scanner upgrade to link it to my hud, I discovered some of the equipment I was still missing, the high capacity o2 tanks and the rebreather. As you can imagine, with these two upgrades suddenly my depth range has increased greatly. Now getting diamond is fairly easy… so I got enough for the laser weld and the sea truck level 1 depth upgrade. Now we are cooking!

I’m about, what 6 hours in? There is definitely fatigue setting in. I was wondering, where is MY prawn suit? If Ashley (same voice actor as in ME, Kimberly Brooks 😍) came prepared she should have brought a cyclops with prawn suit. WHEN CAN I GET MY MOBILE BASE!!! The first time around you don’t know you can have that so there is no expectation. This time there is.

Soma. To your questions, all good things come to those who wait. You’ll get something of a mini-mobile construction equivalent soon enough. I’m not progressed in long enough to know if there is a larger option like the big submarine in the first game. The prawn suit is in too but you KNOW they aren’t going to give it to you at the start. Though you’re just a tad more prepared than the first game, it’s mostly the same in progression. If there are bad thingies nearby, there is usually a good reward in loot or resources nearby as well.

Whoa, is this game a crossover? I love that game!

So I am building a base, and putting in all kinds of fancy stuff, such as reinforced panels and an observation bowl. However, somehow I don’t have the blueprint for something as simple and basic like a window. I tried scanning the windows on the abandoned base, but no luck…

There’s definitely a window you can scan on one of the bases. Try base 0.

I’m reaching a point where I have less and less clear PoI to explore. On my last expedition to the depths, I collected some uranium so I was thinking on giving me the goal of building a nuclear power reactor. although to be honest… I’m not sure why I would want one? For what I want, two rooms and a corridor with several storage furniture, a constructor and the scanner, I don’t need more than 2-3 solar panels.

This was too the flaw of the first game, there was really no need to do a serious base.

Thats only a flaw if you need a clear path towards the goal all the time in a game - I really dont, and this is right up my alley.
I’m curious if you’ve tried Conan Exiles, and how you liked that?

I haven’t tried that game.

I have never had an interest in cosmetic shit in games, be spending a lot of time molding my face with slider, or decorating my house in whatever game.