Subnautica - SCUBA, Unknown Worlds, drowning

Since you’re on an alien planet eating strange new alien creatures it should also occasionally show you getting violently ill and vomiting all over that clean, new underwater environment you’ve built.

occasionally?

Oh yeah maybe do it like Far Cry 2’s malaria medication, where if you don’t chug some kaopectate or something you just puke constantly.

And make the kaopectate a late game craft, I think.

Plus there should be an achievement for beating the game without ever drinking kaopectate.

You’re hired!

Better yet, the kaopectate has a chance of appearing in the loot boxes you can buy with 'Nautica Bux.

Dibs on the new cryptocurrency name…

Okay, I haven’t played this in a really long time. Spent a couple if hours with it last night. Wow! What an improvement. It looks gorgeous and performance us much better at least in the early part of the game.

There seems to be some issues with controller support still. The on-screen prompts sometimes incorrectly show the mouse button image instead of the controller button even while actively using a controller.

Seems this is getting more positive reviews. :p

They deserve it. It is a fantastic game that absorbs you in a way that is very hard to pull away from. Mesmerizing for sure.

yeah. i really like its non-violence too. The author spoke at multiple occasions of how this game was born out of disgust with the ubiquity of gun violence. Subnautica is him trying to right a wrong and it shows.

i still would love to have a cattle prod to tell some critters to leave me and my lil sub the fuck alone. How do you charge batteries by the way?

much obliged sir

Just a tip for those of you far enough along to be building underwater bases. Pay attention to the hull integrity listed as you build new modules. You can go too far down, eventually causing ruptures within the base.

Every so often add reinforcements to existing modules on your base. Those raise the hull integrity points, keeping you okay.

If you ever have flooding when you did NOT just add a new module, there are two common causes:

• A fish got stuck somewhere under your base and needs to be freed or killed
  • Some non fauna object has collided with the base from below, like kelp for example

I started this game! It seems pretty good!

I chuckled at the fact they had to include their own creeper (I mean, the small fish that charges and suicides blowing up).
What I dislike is the performance, it goes from 80 fps to 30 fps, with a gtx 1080. I don’t wanna say ‘Unity’ but… Unity.

There seems to be a few bugs left and one of them appears to be dropping frames when looking in a few specific directions I guess. Not sure if it’s a weird rendering or asset problem, but I’ve seen it mentioned.

I think most of the old weird fps issues have been improved or fixed though.

Woah, I found a pretty deep cave, the one near the second? capsule. I suppose I still don’t have the equipment to explore it, as with the fins, rebreather, extension air pipe and high capacity o2 tank I’m not able to do it.

Extension air pipes can get you down as far as you want to go as long as you’re patient setting them up. Which can be hard when you’re terrified, lol.

Yeah, I moved the air intake base, put a few more pipes, and that was enough. I got some cool diamonds.

The game is nailing the feeling of exploration.