Subnautica - SCUBA, Unknown Worlds, drowning

When you tried to disarm the big gun it said you were diseased and told you about 2 alien facilities.
the one down 800 meters, the disease research facility, and the alien thermal plant which is 1200 meters down.
Assuming you have explored the disease research facility, you mentioned it in a previous post, you need to find the alien thermal plant next. It just so happens that the lava zone you were in is 1200 meters down so safe to assume that the thermal plant is somewhere in that region.

Got my prawn and Cyclops built today. Now to start searching for the drill arm and grappling hook. Looks like its time to start thinking about building a second outpost closer to the deeper areas now.

Thanks Hery! Over the past few days I did complete the game. It was bittersweet, because I absolutely loved the environment!

As a scuba diver with hundreds of dives, this game really did the water & exploration very good. I was very impressed and the music / sound design was phenomenal. The way they hooked certain areas to beats / interludes was downright creepy (the first time I found a blood forest, that deep bass, and seeing a warper, I really didn’t want to go in!)

No doubt I’ll revisit it. Great game!

I’m revisiting again, but playing with the games timeline to see what happens. I never fixed the radio on the lifepod. I did build one at my base but have yet to click it for messages. But I already have a base, a seamoth, a modification station, etc. I’m also currently exploring the Aurora already and will repair the reactors.

I do get a notification of signals, but nothing else yet. I don’t remember if there are forced story updates at certain points. I think gun island and survivor island might do that.

I doubt I can finish the game without the story (with radio), but I remember the locations of most of the stuff so I don’t know if that’s an impossible task or not. I mostly did this to see if it’s possible to delay the story progression entirely via not using the radio.

I wonder if it is possible to fix the aurora before it blows up.

If I recall someone tried that but you don’t have access to the rear prior to it blowing up? You require that event to actually get into the Aurora.

I don’t think you can complete the game without the radio transmissions. Here’s why:

You need the code to the captain’s quarters in the Aurora, which has the blueprint for the Neptune launchpad. You get that code through a radio broadcast.

Damn …

Well I’ll continue with it as far as I can. It’s certainly interesting without the story inching me along.

Ok I have been doing a bit of exploring. Found the lost river i believe. (has all the fossils in it) My wife and middle daughter are still laughing at me. Ran into my first ghost levi or I should say it ran into me several times haha i about jumped out of my chair. Get through that heart failure moment only to then run into a warper that of course warps me out of my seamoth. Believe I may of actually jumped out of my chair on that one.

One bug you need to be aware of in the lost river area is that if you are in your prawn and are in the sulfur river (to manually grab a piece of sulfur), you will start taking damage, and when you get back into the prawn, you will continue to take damage. You need to get out of the sulfur and leave the prawn to stop the damage.

So it’s better to have the prawn out of the sulfur river, and dip down into it swimming to grab the sulfur piece than exiting the prawn while in the river.

I didn’t notice this problem while in the seamoth, so I think it’s limited to the prawn.

I found being in the lost river oppressive and could only spend a certain amount of time down there. I had to come back to the shallows periodically because it’s so wicked down there. The sound design on this game is amazing.

I ran into this issue with the seamoth died wile trying to figure out what was going on. Will remember to dive in with out the vehicle next time. I am still searching for nickel to work on depth upgrades on the prawn. I am currently working on a base in the big walker area. Seems to be fairly peaceful and I can hit the river and blood vine areas without traveling as far.

I just built a base there. Fun times! ;) Nothing like making the source of your terrors home, sweet home. Very cathartic!

I built a base right around the corner from the alien research building and about the same distance from the blue tree. Beautiful area. A triplet of thermal cones was my deciding factor.

Even though, it was oppressive. It sounds funny, but I felt the depth and needed relief. An excuse to shuttle up supplies to my primary base probably delayed the game for by several hours of gameplay ;-)

I get the appeal, and necessity of building a base down there, but it didn’t lessen the overall anxiety for me sadly!

Current playthrough I put a base right above the vent that leads down to the Degassi Mushroom Cave Base. It’s perfectly between shallows, kelp, and right up from that base.

Then I decided to wander around and about 300 yards away over a cliff I saw a shadow pass above me while I was diving and looking around. Of course when I looked up it happened to be a Reaper Leviathan, coming right at me from above.

The number of times this game has scared the living crap out of me is amazing in itself. They nailed that feeling where you get so involved with things you lose track of what’s around you, then suddenly … BIG BAD GUY RIGHT THERE!

Haha so true. I go out of my way to avoid the reapers. Those things scare the hell out of me every time.

Today we released an update that includes a bunch of that tidying up. Here’s the list of changes:

• Main menu button texts update correctly when switching languages
  • In-game menu button text colors fixed
  • F8 panel fully translated
  • Cyclops flooding leak indicators now clearly outside of the hull
  • Controller navigation and selection boxes fixed
  • Builder menu usable with swapped mouse buttons
  • Lifepod fabricator lighting fixed
  • Cyclops hatch door collider fixed
  • Disallow poster placement where wall lockers are disallowed
  • Non-localized text removed from color customization terminal
  • Physics bugs with ion cubes and precursor keys fixed
  • End-game achievements now trigger
  • Lost river creatures now immune to brine
  • Player mask now correctly lit
  • Can not despawn Aurora by building a base next to it anymore
  • Seamoth hatch animation fixed
  • Changing quality settings in game reminds player to restart the game
  • Time capsule UI simplified
  • Pathfinder tool recipe adjusted
  • Entering exosuit while sprinting fixed

End-game achievements fixed, cool.

That’s awesome! Strangely I looted a time capsule yesterday, that was new.

finally found some nickel. Also managed to build a drill arm for my prawn. Need to get some sulfur next it looks like to continue upgrading my prawn.

Got the final 2 achievements, such a great game!