Subnautica - SCUBA, Unknown Worlds, drowning

One of the coolest things in any game ever right?

And it talks! And it carries your stuff!! Congrats, man!

Note: put some big lockers in it, a replicator, and some plant pots/beds. It’s gonna be your new best friend.

Smooth as a baby’s bottom. I nearly bugged out of one of the lower zones but saved and rebooted and things were fine. No issues at all with the flora/fauna though. There was no special achievement for hardcore, but it still felt good.

The ending to the game is very satisfying. Kudos to their team for that.

Not to spoiler too much but have you found any research/items for the third vehicle?

Each vehicle in the game has its own personality and play style, each filling an in-game need. They are all fun in their own way. And yep, that last vehicle replaces the Seamoth in its operational use for the next phase of the game.

That final vehicle took me the longest to warm up to, but it really shines once upgraded a bit.

As for obtaining those somewhat tricky-to-find late game resources in order to craft the depth upgrades, I did in one situation take some extra oxygen tanks down with me on a Seaglide-assisted dive below Seamoth crush depth to scour the ocean floor briefly. Probably not exactly the recommended method if you’re just exploring, but I had a pretty good idea where I was and what I was looking for (from a previous playthrough).

@Calelari I went to Nexus Mods, signed up, downloaded the ‘vortex’ mod launcher, clicked on your mods, they seemed to install, then clicked so they are ‘enabled’ but they don’t work. Then the last one, prawn upgrade access, required the Qmod launcher which I also downloaded, then copied those mods into the qmod folder. That seemed to work only for those qmod mods.

What am I missing, other than modding still sucks?

I never used their mod manager so I don’t know what its doing :-(

All the mods I listed (except the locker sorting one since I never used it) are Qmods mods so they all need to be inside \Subnautica\QMods.

I do see the version of Qmods I used back when I played is deprecated and there’s a new one. Maybe something about that works differently.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

Ok maybe I’ll just copy them over manually. On a side note I did download the map mod. I like it a lot, but I’d only recommend it you have already finished the game. Part of the fun of the game is not quite remembering exactly where to go or even where you are at any given time. For this playthrough (my third, second not quite completed) it is a nice convenience.

The scanner room only shows results for areas of the world that have actually been loaded. So if you haven’t traveled to the spot where a specific wreck would load into the game since the start of your session, the scanner room won’t see it.

It’s also a little buggy, at least I’ve noticed it as well, Krok. As an example, one of the fauna drops teeth. Early on I used that to get some. Later, that option was completely gone, I went out looking for some anyway. When I came back, that option was there again? It’s almost as if it had not loaded that part of the map for a bit so the option wasn’t there.

For the prawn, you quickly want the grappling arm. It allows you to jump, grapple and hold, slowly recharge your jump jets, then jump and grapple, repeat. That allows you to slowly, “climb,” up out of, say, a big trench somewhere. If you don’t have the grapple arm, that’s most assuredly on a wreck. Quite honestly it should be standard.

Coming to xBox Console Game Pass soon:

Most likely you parked it just one meter or more below 900. Usually the baddies leave your things alone when you go away from them.

It happens, no biggie. Enjoy your trip, Krok!

Yeah I lost the seamoth 3 times in my play thru , its not that much of an inconvenience.

The abandoned base in the Grand Rift, with the scary octopus crab nearby. What a great set piece in the game.

That thing terrified me. Still does. It’s the sounds plus how nasty it is.

May have been a baddie then. I don’t recall my seamoth getting beaten up, but knowing approx where you were, I think it may have been one baddie in particular.

I’m betting bonesharks. Those guys are responsible for more than a few seamoth deaths. They are OCD and keep attacking it, taking 5-10 dmg on each bite. And they travel in packs.

Tell that to my Seamoth. Left the lights on while I investigated the Grand Reef base. Feckin’ crabsquid.

Trigger warning:

Save often, reloads are very handy for this. I really wish the game had an auto save feature, my one peeve with it. Get in the habit of saving a lot, and especially if you are about to leave your sub to explore etc. I always save right before I leave my vehicle, and then don’t save again until I get back to it to make sure it’s still alive.