Succession - HBO

And they were working on something of their own before that that they quickly jettisoned when they found out about their dad trying to buy Pierce.

I keep waiting for that shoe to drop. They had a binding agreement, right? If it falls through, there is probably a penalty for them.

I think so. All the family backstabbing will doom them all. They each have pieces of what made their dad successful but only all three together would complete that puzzle. And that will never happen.

I think the point was to close the loop on each of the kids relationship to their father, which was one of the central aspects of the show up until logans death.

Not to mention the huge impact that funeral had on the three real kids(although I really wanted to hear Connor’s eulogy). Roman just absolutely deflated.

I mean, his goals only really changed 1 time, and that was before he found out Daddy was going to give him the crown (at some point). Once he thought he could be CEO, he took it, he was even undermining Roman by the end of that episode.

Also, living plus sounds like a boondoggle, but the shareholders ate it up. That was what was important. Meanwhile Roman was reaction-firing studio execs and re-firing Gerri.

Not saying that he won’t have some sort of breakdown before the finish line, but Kendall has had his shit together more than I think we have ever seen him. The breakdown with Rava was funeral stress, but it was all threats, and he didn’t actually do anything to stop her.

Shiv is also doing quite well, but her game of playing all sides at the same time is still going to have the ability to bite her in the end.

Mencken, supporting a Woman as a CEO? Sure.

Mattson doesn’t exactly respect women either.

Exactly, but Shiv has kind of backed herself into a corner on this, and her only real hope is that those around her follow through.

Either way, the finale is going to be fantastic.

We have the GoJo numbers dropped during the funeral, we will see if there is any backlash. We still technically have the election to sort out, and Mattson’s Ebba problem still exists.

Mattson said a US CEO. To paraphrase Kendall this season, he sure as fuck didn’t say Shiv.

I feel it’s heading towards an ending where Mattson puts Greg in charge of Waystar.

That would be a bran-tier ending if I have ever seen one. Tom is the likely one here, Greg might suggest it to mattson. Tom has expressed slavishness to mattson twice before, which mattson had no respect for but it is exactly what he wants out of a CEO here.

There are many paths to Greg. What if Mattson goes for Tom, but then Greg unburies the cruise scandal?

If Shiv is too inexperienced then so is Greg. I think Tom as CEO with Greg in charge of ATN may be the endgame.

I think for Mattson, it’s an issue of gender, not experience. Plus he and Greg are now BFFs

Greg isn’t experienced, but he’s shown to Mattson that he’ll follow orders blindly, and I think he wants a puppet in that position.

I predict both Shiv and Tom will be out on their asses in the end… but together.

Woof, woof.

But, man, poor Romulus.

It will either be Ken or Tom/Mattson - that is my prediction

I rest my case.

If Greg gets to be CEO, then Tom will stay on at ATN. Then Tom gets to work for Greg. Hopefully the season closes on a visual of Greg using Tom as human furniture.