Suicide Squad - The Joker, Deadshot, Harley Quinn, and Boomerang walk into a bar

You jelly?

Pedantic point: Fantastic Four wasn’t a marvel Studios joint.

I know that. I don’t think it matters to the overall point. After all, Bane wasn’t really in a “DC Comics” joint as much as he was in a Chris Nolan joint.

Right, but I think Telefrog’s point was that Marvel Studios has been fairly careful to keep the characters and actors consistent in their flagship movies – they are unlikely to cast, say, Guy Pierce as Daredevil given that he was already established as a villain in the common mythos.

That said, Tom Hardy’s Bane was more a pair of eyebrows than anything else. I doubt anyone is going to look at say “Hey, why did Bane change his name!?”

I’ve seen Tom Hardy in a number of movies and I still don’t think I could pick him out if I met him on the street.

In most of his movies he looks nothing like he did in Bronson, but that was such a memorable performance that’s when I started recognizing him everywhere else, even when he looks like a more clean cut leading-man type.

For giggles, watch Star Trek: Nemesis then watch Bronson.

Tom Hardy is out. The studio is now looking for someone else to play Flagg.

Rumor: Jake Gyllenhaal is being courted.

BRB, replacing my “What’s Bane doing on the Suicide Squad?” jokes with “What’s Nightcrawler doing on the Suicide Squad?” jokes.

(These are not good jokes.)

Well, I literally lol’ed, but maybe I just have a shitty sense of humor.

Leto showing off and blowing his cover:

The image is supposedly legit with multiple sources confirming that it is his Joker test costume.

Here’s the first official picture of Leto as The Joker:

https://twitter.com/davidayermovies

Joker doesn’t seem like the kind of guy to be patient enough to sit through getting tattooed.

Ugh, too much.

Not disfigured enough! I kinda dig the aesthetic they are going for though.

I can’t believe that I never noticed the mustache on the 60’s Joker before this.

I don’t think so; I think Fury Road is going to be a great Mad Max movie.

Romero refused to shave for the role, so they just powdered over it.

James Franco’s Spring Breakers character as a Juggalo is…uh…an interesting way to go for the Joker, but I’d be willing to withhold judgement if it weren’t for those tattoos.