Suicide Squad - The Joker, Deadshot, Harley Quinn, and Boomerang walk into a bar

I think the Suicide Squad concept is very workable in this current DC movie universe. The previous movie will be Batman vs Superman. This means, for the time being, the good superheroes are otherwise occupied/not totally trusted and thus are not available for any delicate yet hardcore missions. So you grab the supervillains for it. If the public doesn’t even know the government has them locked up then it’s perfect. You can send them to do anything and it’ll only trace back to the bad guys.

If BvS shows, via flashbacks, that Batman operated for a long time before burning out that’s even better. It explains why this squad is made of Batman villains, led by the Joker and Harley. Batman has been the only one at work prior to the appearance of Superman in Man of Steel.

It’s very likely the Joker is not actually part of the squad. Maybe not all the other announced characters either, who knows? Some of them could just be fodder for establishing who’s dangerous/effective/threatening/whatever.

Margot Robbie looks amazing as Harley Quinn. Trailer was neat. I really dug the bit we got to see of the Joker. Jared Leto is basically “The Joker” in real life. Loved the look too, it is different, which is nice. Heath Ledger did his version, and it was amazing. We can move on. I am ready for a new take.

I like the look of Joker’s henchmen but I’m not sure how effective they will be trying to fire guns while wearing masks like that giant panda head.

How does a guy turn into a human/crocodile hybrid? That just makes no sense.

Paging krazykrok!

Well, when a man and a crocodile love each other very,very much…

Robbie looks amazing as Harley. I’ll see this just for her performance unless the reviews completely trash it.

I believe one of the official explanations is that it’s just a nasty skin disease.

EDIT: No, wait. Here we go:

Killer Croc’s backstory explains that he was born with a condition resembling epidermolytic hyperkeratosis, a disfiguring skin disorder. However, it is actually a form of regressive atavism, meaning that he has inherited traits of ancestral species of the human race such as reptiles. This condition has been augmented by the presence of a metagene. Consequently, he has several extraordinary physical abilities relating to his endurance, strength, and speed making him able to lift up to level of 20 tons.

Ah, just like Cleve Blakemore.

I was being sarcastic, BTW. All of the nitpicking about realism was bugging me.

I mostly remember The Animated Series version of Killer Croc where he really was just a buff dude with messed up skin. I think Jim Lee’s redesign in Hush inspired the weird retcon of making him turn into an actual reptile or whatever.

Now I want to go home and rewatch “Almost Got 'em”. Although I guess technically that doesn’t even feature Killer Croc.

I threw a rock at him!

I hope the movie doesn’t suck. These people are going to have some lame tattoos if it does.

I can’t imagine a scenario where the tattoo-ees aren’t eventually filled with regret over their choice here.

The first I heard of film casts getting matching tattoos was the fellowship in LoTR, where it made sense, in part because it was such a mammoth undertaking and already had a lot of meaning to a lot of people.

This, however, is super stupid.

I’m envisioning a future where every principal cast member is required to get a tattoo for each feature film they do, and eventually prolific actors are completely sleeved with shitty reminders that they were in LXG.

LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN WAS AN ARTISTIC TOUR DE FORCE, YOU GIBBERING SIMPLETON.

Pistols at dawn, sir.

This tattoo situation, especially with the actors in costume, feels like a PR stunt. I’ll be wanting to see those tattoos when they’re healed before I believe this.

It was as great as I remember.

Agreed, it does seem like a stunt.