Supernatural

Wait you guys liked Jo but you dislike Bela? I liked Bela, I thought she was a great character.

Then you should probably get yourself checked out. Bela was an abysmal character that not only stood out on her own as being extremely awful, but actually made the show’s main characters look worse as they allowed her to continue running free and do what she wanted to do.

The best thing about Bela is that she…

SPOILER

…is fuckin’ dead.

END SPOILER

The teenage girls that are the base of the Supernatural fan community hated Jo because they all want Jensen Ackles to come sweep them off their feet. Then the writers got rid of Jo and brought on board Ruby and Bela. A lot of die-hard Jo haters realized just how much worse it could get and went from hating Jo to hating Ruby and Bela. Bringing back Jo, to a lot of these people, would officially be an okay move these days.

Of course, there’s no pleasing the little bish-pro gals who think that the show’s OTP involves Sam, Dean and a bucket of vaseline.

Well. I liked the idea of Bela. The mercenary selling out to the highest bidder with no moral compass. Maybe the execution lacked.

Jo annoyed me no end when she was on the show though. I did like Sam’s love interest from Season 1. The episode with the haunted painting…

I am also thrilled that I have not paid any attention to the fandom community. The thing that amazes me about Supernatural is just how many creative people from the X Files ended up directing / producing and writing stories for Supernatural.

Oh dude, seriously. I was at the con back here in march (I did an article on it) and as a running joke, I did a man count. ;) The most men at one time? 14. This was out of a crowd of at least 400 women.

Sadly at the time I wasn’t single, so I couldn’t really take advantage of this amazing ratio…

Definitely a lot of women - all but one of the people I know who watch the show are of that persuasion. On a related note, AVOID THE FICTION. It’s wrong. Dangerous, mind-bending wrong.

Let’s hope that the show does well enough for the CW. This is the earliest they’ve ever gotten a renewal (which is why we got a legitimate cliffhanger), but it’s kind of because the network didn’t have any better choices. I just hope they don’t go under before they finish their story.

Well, Erik Kripke, the show’s creator, has a five year plan, so as long as we get two more seasons we’ll be golden. :)

It did. It was not present. Bela’s death should have been half an episode long, and gruesome.

…and directed by Quentin Tarantino.

Alright, Brian. We’ve established that you’re crazy, but c’mon, man. I know you. You ain’t that crazy. Last night’s season opener was god awful.

Wow, are you saying this to rile me up, or because you actually believe it? I thought yesterday’s opener was the strongest season premiere since the pilot. T’was AMAZING how much happened and how it set the tone for the rest of the season.

I didn’t see it–I manage to miss most episodes–but my wife did, and she really liked it. I guess she falls into the teenage female demographic discussed earlier, even though she’s in her 40’s. Lucky me?

Nope, Brian you’re right. The season 4 premiere was fantastic. One of the surprises I knew when I recognized the name in the seance thanks to years of D&D Deities and Demigods silliness, but the other surprise kind of blindsided me.

Restores my faith in the show, that season 4 starter was the best episode since the rabbit foot epi in season 3, and as you say Brian, the best premiere since the pilot.

Incorrect.

I know. It was awful.

Oh! You see that? He pretended to be quoting me, but changed the key word! That is some cutting edge forum humor there! I’ve even seen some young scalawags type the word “fixed” after doing this!

What other wonders will 1998 bring?

Hopefully not more of that double-posting. That shit is wack, dogg.

Thank you. :)

BTW man, you’re doing this whole arch-nemesis thing REALLY well ;) <thumbs up>

What, you don’t know your angels from the REAL source?!

I liked the episode. It gets TWO thumbs up from me. I was fearing their explanation for “Lazarus” was going to be mundane and boring (I seem to recall them doing things like that before), but they went so over the top it’s acceptable :)