Supernatural

What?! You don’t have Castiel’s mark yet? My faith in you is gone, man, gone.

HAhahahaha

I havent read this thread since the GF and I have just arrived at Season 4, but I have to ask - Do they continue with this angel crap throughout the show? Because, I don’t think I can watch something that takes itself so seriously it HAS to be about nothing less than the end of the world, and angels dying and crying. The show has been awesome, right up and till the whole Dean going to hell thing. I realize it was during the writers strike, but still…Please tell me we move back to the more fun Supernatural soon again?

I personally think seasons 4 and 5 of Supernatural are not only the best they ever did, but some of the best television ever. And yes, the angels will continue for the rest of the run of the series, although the degree to which they are emphasized will change and there are plenty of lighthearted and silly episodes.

Hmm, thanks I guess :-) I find the first two seasons to be some of the most interesting tv in a long time, and I found season 3 going steadily downwards, and the start of season 4 to be…too much. But if you say its some of the best television out there, I guess it can’t be all bad. We’ll power through and see if it improves to me!

I think it will. Misha Collins’ Castiel is a phenomenal character, and some of the others (that you haven’t met yet) are quite good as well.

Personally, I like the angel/demon play in the later seasons. The only season recently that I found…weak…was the Leviathan season. It just seemed like someone said “ok, they’ve defeated angels and demons. We need to introduce something that even angels are afraid of” and moved from there. Some really cute episodes, but a weak season.

They’ve found their footing again though. Last season was great. This season, so far, has been great as well. Enough light-hearted episodes thrown in to keep the humor flowing while peppered with deep, brutal episodes here and there.

Agreed with everything everyone’s said so far. Some of my all-time favorite episodes are from season 4 (On the Head of a Pin) and season 5 (Swan Song).

Supernatural is a lot like Buffy except instead of transforming into something depressing and lifeless by continuing after it should have ended, it’s less than it once was but still pretty damn entertaining.

Finale excepted, the Buffy finale was great.

I hardly think the show takes itself too seriously. The amount of humor they inject into even the most dire circumstances each season has only become better over time.

Fish taco?

You know, I’ve been hoping the Ghostfacers would show up again for several seasons now, but the last episode kind of dashed those hopes. I loved the humor they injected into the show, a couple fairly clueless wannabe’s with a glimpse of the truth, lots of ambition, and no talent. But now they’re pretty much ruined, at least for the moment, and that episode didn’t have much humor. Sad.

Interesting stunt casting in the last episode. I’ve never seen Snooki in anything since I avoid “reality TV” like the plague it is, but I couldn’t avoid hearing about her some. At any rate, she was…not terrible…as the crossroads demon, which surprised me. And Eureka’s Sheriff Andy was good as the Men of Letter’s version of The Collector. Pity he didn’t survive the episode. I’m still waiting for Dean to talk to Cas about the Mark. Should be an interesting discussion.

Yeah, that was fun seeing Andy as such as psychopath. I’m all caught up now and I just gotta say…man the fuck up, Sam. Seriously, Kevin’s GHOST told you to get over it, you said you would, LIED TO HIS FACE and are still being a little bitch. Damned annoying, feels forced too.

There are only a couple things about Supernatural that have bothered me for pretty much the entire run of the series. The first is the horrible fate almost all of the female supporting characters have suffered, especially those romantically linked to Sam and Dean (the only exceptions so far are the sheriff and Charlie). I understand there’s a significant portion of the fan base that wants the women treated that way so that Sam and Dean are “available” for their fans, but still… Heck, Dean hasn’t even been able to pick up girls in bars much during the last half of the series due to the writers catering to that part of the base.

The other thing that bugs me is the need for constant deception and conflict between the brothers. I understand that it grows out of the need for drama in a series that only has two leads, but every permutation has been explored by this point. Realistically, Sam and Dean should have either established a great working relationship or killed one another by now.

I agree with both of those points wholeheartedly. I’d much rather see them working well as a team after all this crap has been put to bed rather than this apparent need to generate angst. I mean, I get why Sam is mad, but Sam should also get why Dean did what he did because HE’S DONE IT BEFORE AND HE’LL DO IT AGAIN. It shouldn’t be a surprise, or a new source of angst, it should just basically be another day at the office for these two.

Oh, and also, I’m really glad they didn’t kill off the Sheriff, I adore her, but yeah, I’m kinda glad they’ve not explored any new female characters because I’d rather they avoid the issue then kill 'em off as they seem to keep doing. I mean besides Abaddon of course, who is just awesome.

Yup, all true. And by the way, Brian, who is that ridiculously absurd looking sock puppet in your avatar supposed to be?

I kid, I kid.

We just watched the most recent episode tonight, great stuff, and a great directional debut from Misha Collins. I’d totally love to see a Men of Letters spin off to this thing.

Just saw it tonight myself, and I liked it as well. I still want Misha back in front of the cameras though, not behind them. Cas has been absent too long and too many important things have happened without his input.

Finally, Cas returns, and in a major plot episode. I admit, at first I was sure Carver “God” Edlund was going to be making an appearance. Nice fakeout by the writers there. And yay, Gabriel was sort of back, which I’ve been expecting for years. Trickster? Dead? As if. I’m surprised there wasn’t more interplay between Cas and Dean when he first sensed and then revealed the Mark, though. I was expecting more from that.