Swords

Might as well not bother, you’ll never be as good as this guy.

Try an antique arms show (I used to work at them with my dad). Not one of the modern “Rambo” type shows with modern weapons, but the shows that restrict the age of the weapons. If you want it for display purposes you will have something that will retain value.

www.museumreplicas.com is a shop I used to visit when I lived in Georgia (I think they are still in Conyers in the Atlanta suburbs). They have an interesting selection of various grades of replica historical and fantasy swords. When I started buying them some years ago (I haven’t bought any in years now, though) they had European and South Asian-made versions but I think most of their stuff comes from India/Pakistan or elsewhere now. Still, they were mostly hand made and well crafted, historically faithful and of the proper weight and balance for actual weapons.

I think I have a handful of swords, an axe, a mace, a flail, and some daggers still. All wall-mounted as decorations. I used to use them in class but security tends to frown on five foot long two-handed swords these days.

When you get your sword, make sure you do a video of the unboxing.

I am so punching you in the face next time I see you for that.

Oh Canada…

-CJ

Given the legal problems of carrying a large concealed blade, why not just go with their “City Stick”, it seems to be capable of a lot of violence.

Plus you increase your haste and critical strike chance if you equip the Pimp Daddy armor set.

I was expecting a hidden sword to help give it strength when those muscle-y guys put their weight on it. Color me impressed!

That’s like something out of Napoleon Dynamite.

Hopefully he has great skills.

To tie things together, the site I linked to actually carries Cold Steel stuff. They also carry caltrops.

Just because it has to be said, real swords (not cheapo replicas) are extremely fucking dangerous and will sever body parts without much force at all. Please be very careful.

Yes. This will fuck your shit up.

Be sure to let me know when this dude does his video of the unboxing of his red Swingline stapler. “Seriously abusive comments are NOT wanted.” I can only imagine.

I love Kalle’s video too. Mainly because I can’t quite tell if the dude is actually saying ‘Cavalry’, or ‘Calvary’.

-xtien

[*Credit as well to Latin Rhythm’s original post.]

He didn’t make Part 2 of his Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse video series, so they must have gotten him, even with his katana.

Look, a stick! Kill it!

He also only did one “cut test,” perhaps spooked by the blemish he caused by smacking a chunk of wood with it like he was swinging a cudgel.

My brothers and I always were big fans of swords, and tourist shops here are a great source of cheap and dangerous pieces of metal that we saved for and smuggled into our dens.
Somewhere in my parents’ basement the following should keep rusting:
-2 fencing foils. I’m amazed that all 4 of us still keep both eyes in their sockets.
-cheap “El Cid” swords: Tizona and Colada.
-Katana (dull blade made from some cheap soft alloy but dented enough to scare my japanese friend when I showed it to him: “Bbbbut this is USED!”).
-Spiked axe, again cheap and dull, but horribly dangerous.
-Morning star (I remember this being stupidly hard to even hold without at least mashing a couple of your fingers).
-An assortment of shurikens. My mother hated these. One day a friend was astounded because mom let us cover the whole bedroom with skateboarding posters. It was easy: at least that served to hide the shuriken holes all over the walls.

I’m glad I got to hit all kinds of stuff with these before knowing and understanding that I shouldn’t.