Tarantino's Django Unchained

That soundtrack is epic.

Fuckin lol, racist murder fantasy movie not ok on one day due to crazy real life mass murder, but ok every day after that.

Don’t mind me, I just dropped in to see what condition the condition was in.

I went to try and see this earlier today because hey, early Christmas day matinee movie, who’s going to be there? Turns out everybody. It must have sold out just before we got there because the electronic board hadn’t been updated yet, and when the guy ahead of us was told by the ticket seller that it had sold out and the next available ticket was for this afternoon the entire line of people turned around and left. The primetime showing was already sold out too. That’s the first time I’ve ever seen a sold-out matinee show there.

Yeah, I went to a matinee show too, and it was completely full.

Great movie. I loved the music, the cinematography, the dialog, the acting (except for Tarantino… ugh, luckily it was a small cameo).

As much as I was loving it, I was nervous. I kept remembering what happened at the end of Inglorious Bastards. How I went from loving the movie to totally not caring about it and not wanting to see it again. I was really hoping that wouldn’t happen here.

I’m happy to report that I loved the ending. The action scenes, I thought, were as good as Tarantino’s work in Kill Bill Volume 1.

Holy shit what an eclectic soundtrack huh? I know The Rza did the soundtrack for Kill Bill (which is the first time I’d heard of The Rza), and that was excellent too. Who did it for this movie?

One thing I’m left wondering after watching this movie is if Samuel L. Jackson is this amazing an actor, (and he’s really good in this film) how come he only gets to show it in Tarantino movies? Or am I forgetting/missing some of his other great roles where he gets to use that face of his to show such amazing subtlety of emotions?

Jungle Fever? Black Snake Moan? Unbreakable?

Haven’t seen the other two, but I do love me some Unbreakable. I’ll have to check out the other two as well.

Oh wow, Jungle Fever was his big, big break. He’s unforgettable in that movie.

Wow, the trailer for this movie did nothing for me, but reading the feature and review in EW and then all the comments and other reviews are hyping me a lot. Definitely going to see it, glad it didn’t disappoint.

I’ll add to the SLJ ‘great performances’ with The Red Violin and Deep Blue Sea. Great (and for him atypical) stuff.

this is on my see list before the end of the year.

Quick question for those who have seen it:

Is there any any violence towards animals depicted in this film? My wife is… overly sensitive… to such things, and I’d rather not be forced to leave in the middle of the movie because a horse falls down.

Um, pretty much in the first ten minutes. And then pretty much nothing thereafter. But that only one is a doozy.

And there’s pretty brutal violence from animals depicted.

I suspected that might be the case. Thanks for saving me $10!

The horse count of this movie diminishes by one within the first 10 minutes.

If your wife is okay with people splattering each other, but not horses, leave her at home and go by yourself.

So how did this do at the box office?

Came in 3rd, after Les and the Hobbit (for Wed).

If I didn’t like Inglourious Basterds, what are the odds I’ll like this?

See my quoted post above. I was nervous about the same thing, but I loved it.