Task Force Admiral - a WW2 PTO carrier battles simulator

Hehe welcome aboard - although the wait still is a dire reality I am afraid ;)

Good opportunity to show off some new stuff while I am at it, I guess

The genesis of the player’s office from our artist Julien from the outline to the prototype artwork. Remember your games from the 90s when you could click around on silly stuff in the museum or academy part of your favourite sim? Time (and money) will tell if we manage to turn it into 3D, but at the very least, if not, you’ll get to click on classy 2D. It will be used for all in-game reference stuff (historical overview, 3D object database, player performance, OST, etc…)
I’m sure you can guess some of its most obvious functions too, but I’ll let your imagination run wild!

Kuddos if you can see & identify the smaller details, like what’s on the table on the left!

We also had a little sneak peek at our in-game view system (the switch between Strategic, Tactical & 3D World mostly)

These are not interchangeable, all three have their own functions:

• The World View is mostly a scenic view - although objects can still be selected, it is primarily used to let you set your preferred viewing angles, see the action for yourself, travel around, between units, and much beyond if your realism settings allow it ;

• The Tactical 3D Map can be accessed at all times by pressing space bar, whether you’re in the 3D world, looking at the strategic map or wandering around in the flagplot, and will return you to your previous location once closed. It is used as to give tactical orders (aka when you need to give firing orders to ship during a surface engagement, for instance). This is probably the main inteface you’ll be using during combat.

• The Strategic 2D Map on the other hand gives you a general view of the battlefield and of your naval task forces & aircraft groups. Allied, enemy forces, along with unidentified contacts are also indicated. The player uses the map to give general navigation and combat orders to friendly units, mostly when they are not engaged and over larger distances & greater lengths of time. Here task forces are all pointing in the same direction for prototyping purpose - don’t you worry, icons do look in the right direction otherwise.

Absolutely work in progress, ofc!

And some tweets of less strategic value, but still somewhat enjoyable I guess

Hope it will make the wait less painful and will please your eyes ;)

Cheers!