Ted Lasso (comedy series, AppleTV +) deserves its own thread

Its been a LOOONG time since I’ve watched Fletch. What was the reference? The milk puns?

Both Bill Lawrence and Sudeikis were are one stage connected to the Fletch reboot movie, so that might explain it.

Think of the surname used in both Fellowship of the Ring and in Fletch. (The folks that Fletch bills for the steak sandwich…and the steak sandwich at the club are the Underhills.)

Ah! I made that first connection, but not the second.

I’m re-watching episode 8 again this morning to try to cheer up a bit.

And holy shit, I think this may be one of the best, most improbable lines ever spoken in a sitcom:

“Fuck yeah, the Gershwins.”

I’m gonna start using Barbecue Sauce more often.

Can’t wait for this week’s episode.

Same. And same.

Sometimes it feels like this stupid, awesome, big-hearted show is the only thing holding the fraying fabric of the universe together.

El 9 I live!!!

This show makes me wish I could watch AppleTV+ on my phone. But it’s probably best that they don’t have an android app. It forces me to watch on the big screen.

Maybe I shouldn’t tell you this, but the website plays fine in Chrome on iOS—probably the same on Android.

Dammit. I started this show last night as a result of a friend’s recommendation. Stayed up way later than I should have. Caught up this morning and realized that there’s one… week… left until the finale. I thought this season was done. Talk about blue balls.

I thought Coach Beard is my favourite part of the show. And then I remember Dani’s infectious glee. And the way that Roy says fuck. And how smart Keeley is shown to be and how great her relationship with Rebecca is. And the fact that Anthony Head is in this… and I think I’ve got a new favourite show. I’m going to have to resubscribe to Apple TV+ now aren’t I? Just to be able to watch this when I’m in a bad mood. It’s like a shot of joy straight to the brain, even when it’s being challenging.

It’s also good for any time you’re in the mood for shape-based humor.

I preferred the dairy puns.

Shit, I’m gonna have to watch this. I guess I’ll binge after the finale unless there is anything else decent on Apple? Maybe that Ronald D. Moore space show?

Sam is also so wonderfully cheerful. He’s just not as filled with zest for life and football as Dani Rojas! Especially when FOOTBALL IS LIFE!

This latest episode pretty much cemented Keeley as my favorite character.

Also…the bass…omg…

Roy is the best. Especially when he gets angry. That growl.

Roy and Keeley TOGETHER are the best.

Though the moment when Roy was reading the book Ted gave him to his niece, put it down and just yelled “Fuck!” As he realized Lasso was getting to him is one of my favorites of the season.

He is. His conversation with Rebecca about the curse killed me.

And @BrianRubin, you mention the bass but not the van dyke?!

This.

The guy who I am pretty sure he is modeled after, it cracks me up every time :

https://thesportsrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Roy-Keane-reveals-the-two-Manchester-United-players-he-did-not-get-along-with.png

Just posting the original NBC commercials, because they haven’t been added yet. It’s clear that in the original version, Ted is much more of a boorish American abroad.

https://youtu.be/iRqypM7jb5Y

As funny as it was, the show would not have worked with this Ted.