Tell us what pictures you have taken recently (that are interesting)

More from Yellowstone:

— Alan

Great Pictures, lovely yellows

Two years ago my wife and I went to Yellowstone. We took a bunch of pictures, but here is one I really liked. It’s the picture we sent to announce we were having a kid:

Quality is lower due to being with a cell phone, but Mammoth Springs are really cool, and your pictures reminded me of this one Alan.

Beartooth Pass (US Highway 212 out of northeastern Yellowstone):

— Alan

Those are all great, Alan, but that last one especially…wow. Nicely done!

I so wish I was there right this minute. Instead, I’m trapped in hot, dry, and ugly southern California. Gah.

What ineffablebob said. Seriously! That last one looks like a screen grab from a Terrence Malick movie.

-xtien

These are the moments when I wish for a like button. I love this picture CraigM. Thank you for sharing it.

-xtien

Alan, very nice pics of the BP. That is my preferred range for mountain snowshoeing. I took this photo three valleys over from BP just this last December. If you ever get a chance, make it up to Mystic and get some awesome pics for us. I’ve never managed in the summer yet!

Went fishing today and this was the view from my swim. Good day as well as I caught 6 good carp including a 16lb Ghost carp.

Fishing

— Alan

Great shots of Yellowstone Falls there, Alan. I love that park.

Brings me back. Such a beautiful location.

I’m so glad someone else who got the Fire tour of JPL took great pics. Mine were decidedly uninspired cell phone pics that belied how awesome a treat it was.

some more of my patented driving shots:

Tower Falls:

Lot of horse tours going on:

Suspension bridge over the Yellowstone along Hellroaring Creek trail:

Ta-tonka!

— Alan

I spent last week in Yellowstone and rented a 10-22mm lens for the occasion.

Wow, that night shot is amazing. How do you even take such a shot and have it come out so bright and well defined? Very nice. Good choice on the lens too. I typically think about renting a good distance lens, but that 10-22 made some really great wide shots.

That looks like a 20-30 second exposure. You can get a decent wide angle with big aperture and get shots like that. It’s just enough to not cause a lot of streaking but good enough to get a lot of stars and background objects.

— Alan

I love wide lenses for landscapes, but not much else. So I usually rent when I’m going someplace where it can make a lot look good.

25 seconds at 3200 ISO on a nice sturdy tripod and a new moon. It also helps that 15 minutes outside of Yellowstone you can find lots of places with very little light pollution. That ISO can kill you depending on your sensor, lots of noise. Here’s another.

Hah, I have that very same shot in the last. Still working on those.

— Alan