Tell us what’s happened to you recently (that’s interesting) Part Deux

Fantastic news, man. Congratulations!

Oh yeah, and GS-11 is a really dang nice pay grade for those who can get it. Plus the way vacation works in the GS system is very enviable, I think, and your insurance is gonna be baller. Super congrats!

Hopefully it will work out. I will need to subscribe to audible though. Hopefully it doesn’t take over my life, like reading does.

Today was my last day. My email password has already been changed, and I am done. It kind of sucks because there was a family feud company game tonight, but because my password was changed, I can’t take part.

Now just to send all my equipment back to the company.

In emergency waiting room. Something went wrong I’m spine

Really hope you end up being okay, man. Spines are nothing to fuck with.

Oh shit, JP. Be strong my brother. Much love.

Best of luck!

Oh shit brother! Please be well. Please.

You weren’t alone I hope?

When you can, please keep us posted.

I’m home but this is really frustrating. They gave me pain meds, then Torodal and fentanyl. But what I really need is injections into the muscles lining my ribs which they said they’re not equipped to do. So I’m home now in more pain than even yesterday.

I’m so sorry to hear that jpinard. I can’t offer you much more then my sympathy, my prayers, and the ability to read what you write. I’m sure I speak for most (if not all of us) when I say, please keep us in the loop. We are all rooting for you buddy!

Glad to hear you at least made it home! Will you be able to get to an equipped facility for the injections this coming week? Let me know if you need transportation!

Thanks! I have to wait til tomorrow to see what can be done (normal business hours).

Not particularly fascinating, but this guy walked by our new house on the river recently:

I am slightly distrustful of people who want to call attention to themselves by dressing in an odd manner, and the flag is a bit of “in your face I’m more of a patriot than you” overkill, but what I’m wondering about is the stuffed bear? Is that a Trumpy Bear?

TBH sometimes homeless people have different points of cultural reference. If he is homeless having a big flag might mean things like “help me, i’m one of you” or “leave me alone” or “everyone waves a flag and so i want one”. (The socks and shoes make me think he’s homeless.)

Could be, but that’s a bike path he’s on and he’s heading away from any homeless shelters in Alton, IL towards stuff that is miles away. I think he’s going for a hike. He will pass and be passed by many cyclists, joggers, and walkers on that path. It’s a popular place.

Perhaps he got kicked out of, or walked out on the shelter.

I am so frustrated. I can hardly breathe do the intense pain wrapping from my spine running along my bottom 3 ribs through my back and front torso. The doctor I had in ER was clueless. Wanted to just throw pain meds at me and send me home. I told him I wasn’t there for a pain medicine hit but to get actual help that would do something. I had to ask for Torodal, and ask to be put on steroids to try and do something to curb the muscles and nerves freaking out. But things are only amplifying and I’m in more pain than before. When I woke up this morning I couldn’t even talk.

I told the CF clinic my infections is getting worse because I can’t cough or breathe properly but they won’t move on anything without Neurosurgery telling them what to do even though I know exactly what’s going on. But the Neurosurgeon is in a different hospital system and 200 miles away making contact and coordination very difficult. So now I’m waiting for a call that may not come today as these last few days of good spring weather waste away :(

I can’t contact my doctor directly, so there’s usually a 2 week delay in all correspondence. Very frustrating. :(

Fffffuuuuuuuuuuuu!

System is fucking broken man. I feel your frustration.