Tell us what you have cooked lately (that's interesting)

Yeah. I’m trying to picture the flavor profile in my head and it seems wrong. Thanks guys. No dill for me, 2 weeks.

I love dill but I think Armando might be onto something with the scallions idea.

Yeah, I’m already using onions. So allium is a definite go.

Yeah, to me dill works better in acidic profiles. Vinegar and otherthe like.

Green onion or chives are a natural fit there.

Gorgeous man, absolutely gorgeous

Hey, we did pizza yesterday too. Thanks to cast iron, it’s probably my most pizzeria-looking pizza yet.

It was kind of accidental deep dish, but a hit nevertheless.

That looks good

Day 2 pizza!

The dough is always better after resting in the fridge for a day.

I also took a shot of what it looks like on the underside. The baking steel does a good job.

Checking in for the weekend, I decided to not spend my precious full brisket and instead tried a pack of corned beef brisket that I’d bought. I did sous vide it 24 hours using the Serious Eats method at 135. Then smoked for around 3 hours at 210 with hickory wood.

It came out great, if a touch dry. This is my first time with brisket, corned or otherwise. I like the sous vide since you don’t have to babysit the brisket for most of an entire day, but would love if it was a tad more juicy.

I also put on some previously cooked chicken breasts, which I neglected to pull off early. So they are a tad dry but good smoke flavor. I sliced them up for lunch meat.

I present, homemade pastrami!

God damn, both of y’all. That shit is fucking gorgeous. Makin me want a pizza steel and a smoker alike. But I’m on a hardcore no-more-gadgets diet from the gf :). And @Timex, I always get a treat seeing what all you put on your pizzas :)

I hung out with some old friends today for brunch n boardgames. Did design-your-own pancakes (with chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, dried cranberries, pecans, walnuts, and fresh blueberries as toppings), design-your-own omelets (with onions, bell peppers, spam, mushrooms, and cheese as toppings), grits, baked bacon, and some from-the-freezer home fries. Didn’t take long to throw together for four, but was super tasty.

Dude, you are on another level. I’d have stopped at omelets and bacon and been happy. But you also did a pancake bar, grits, home fries and even varied the omelet cooking. Food truck should be your next kitchen gadget.

Hey, the steel isn’t a gadget… it’s just a giant slab of steel!

Anyway, that brisket looks awesome. I really want to try that.

Those corned beef briskets were only 1/2 slabs but still allowed me to try the sous vide + smoke method on it. It tastes sooooo good. Now I have to figure out what to do with the juices from sous vide. I have one more of these before trying a full brisket, which I’m extremely nervous about.

Wow, ya’ll pizza game is strong! They look great!

Whelp I had to user a wider pan because it’s what i have but we’ll see what my dad thinks.

Not as pretty as yours. My Rhubarb guy says he might have another source so I might get another chance this year to try again! I also have individual tart pans that might work well for individual treats for game night.

That is so lovely.

I’m getting the hang of this dough thing. I can’t make a pizza as pretty as that, but I can now prep dough for the week and reliably roll out a pizza on a given night, and I was never able to do that before.

Here’s the one I made last night for a friend who was rolling in late from a difficult road trip:

Here’s the thing that’s driving me crazy. I love the way that crisp, nicely darkened crust looks on your pizza (and I love that you did the flip on the piece to show us…well done there). But when I showed this picture to my girlfriend and her son after making the previous pizza, they both said, “No! We like it this way!”

“This way” means using this weird double-layered baking sheet that doesn’t seem to hold heat. You can’t preheat the thing. So what you wind up with is what you see pictured. It tastes good, and is bendy–maybe like a NY slice where you can fold it to eat it–but it doesn’t have any crunch. Some people like the chewy more, I guess.

Oh well. I’m baking for a couple of kids most of the time, and they will only eat cheese pizza. The adults would like other stuff probably, but it’s often a sort of LCD situation.

I still want a stone or steel for myself though.

-xtien

Eh, ultimately i don’t think I’ve ever had bad pizza. I think there’s a good chance i would eat a pizza i found lying on the ground. So keeping your family happy should a prime concern.

For my crust, which is essentially a NY/Philly style, it’s crisp on the outside, but chewy on the inside. It’s not thin and crunchy like some California Pizza.

HEY!

-xtien

I didn’t say it was bad!