Tell us what's happened to you recently (that's interesting)

A guy in my office had one recently, and they essentially used and printer type thing to create the crown in the office.

Well don’t do a QT3 search on root canals, then, because there’s quite a few other threads with such stories! Although as others have said, they’re generally not terrible. Annoying, certainly, and on occasion moderately painful. But the real horror stories are the exception.

I’m assuming that’s what they did for mine too. It was pretty awesome from a tech standpoint.

I have had a root canal and the worst part was the prep and the time it took to do it. There was little pain (or at least less than I expected). For me at least it wasn’t much worse than just getting a filling, except that they wanted their money upfront. Something like $1,100 +/-

True that. The cost is the real pain of a root canal.

Dental insurance has always been an odd duck. Then again, parts of the world think we are too obsessed with our teeth. To those people I say, let me introduce you to Japan and also… how many people do they hire with bad teeth for front facing positions?

I got no fish.

All my coworkers have stopped for the season, Jorn (North Dakota/Minnesota.) The ice has reached too thin status up there or melted. Hopefully you got a chance to return and catch something.

I went out to the annual Haliwa-Saponi Pow Wow in Hollister, NC today (alas, putting me even further from good folk like @Skipper and @Alstein) with some really good friends, one of whom is a cultural interpreter with pretty extensive experience with Native American tribes; she acted as a sort of guide for us. Here’s some cool pictures and stuff from the day!

Got to have an Indian taco (frybread, meat, beans, cheese, and veggies), some delicious lemonade, tons of fresh fruit, some amazing lemon cake, and split parts of some corn on the cob and turkey leg with my interpreter buddy. Saw some awesome crafts, some incredible dancers, and plenty of cool sights, heard some amazing music and stories, and generally just had an awesome day. I’m really, really happy I went out with them–this was definitely outside my comfort zone. Not sure I’ve been outside that long in like 6 years, hah.

Oh man, Indian tacos are something we should cover in the cooking thread. I made fry bread once from scratch and used it for tacos and it was awesome. Never had it before/since though. No idea how close to the real thing I was but holy cow was it delicious!

That’s a turkey leg (I’m guessing, by the list you posted)?
I’ve never had one, but I’m guessing I wouldn’t be hungry afterward.

Indian tacos are indeed heavenly.
Unfortunately, I don’t own a deep fryer, and the only times I’ve ever encountered Indian tacos, they cost a small fortune.

Indeed it is, and I only had a couple of bites of it, in fact. Our cultural interpreter friend bought the darn thing (which was probably the size of her head), but kept needing her hands for other things, so I wound up babysitting it for half of its existence, and thought it did make for a kinda funny picture 😀

They need a barber in the hospital. I feel like Shaggy in Scooby Doo minus the fun talking dog.

Ruh-roh raypinard!

If you ask around you might find some way of getting someone in to cut your hair or give you a shave. I think my father in law was able to get shaved in his last hospital stay.

So, I did some job interviews, and ended up going to 4 interviews, and I got 4 offers.

I turned down 3, and will be at a new gig in mid may.

big big pay raise.

Nice! Congrats!

Awesome!