Tell us what's happened to you recently (that's interesting)

You heard it here folks: Christien Murawski: self-avowed puppy torturer

::smacks Armando on the nose with a rolled up news paper::

BAD BOY!

I (or the kids) finally got to use the inflatable kayak today that I bought a few weeks ago. They were very happy.

This is literally the second time I’ve been "BAD BOY"ed/nose-smacked on here today so I’m not really sure if we’re suddenly a little kinkier than we used to be or if I should perhaps change my wa–nahhhh, definitely the first thing!

Getting old is no fun! I’m just barely getting started myself but I can see it coming. Already the ergonomic chairs and such are becoming necessities to avoid ugly aches and pains.

Hey, mister, you eminently earned the nose smack I gave you. Just be lucky I couldn’t find an appropriate newspaper gif other than Family Guy shudder

I’ll tell you what I did pogue @divedivedive in another thread.

Welcome. Please take your afghan, your walker with the tennis balls and a cup of tea with lemon. Feel free to yell at the kids on the lawn.

OTOH please make sure that you are healthy. After my car accident I had seizures and vertigo, and still have episodes of vertigo. Sometimes the wife thinks I’m drunk when I am not. Not that I don’t drink. Just that I haven’t sometimes when I act that way.

Honey liked your post by raising one paw and then chasing her tail for three full rotations. This is a huge like.

But then I started scratching her butt and she totally forgot to hit reply. Sorry dude.

Here is Honey agreeing with you in a totally dignified way.

Oh no! I just told Honey that you, @ArmandoPenblade, don’t like dark meat for some oddball reason!

Honey’s original post has been withdrawn and will be deleted in twenty-four hours unless flagged by a housecat.

-xtien

And thus the need for instant-gratification Likes! Won’t someone think of our short-memory-spanned puppy posters???

Also, @ChristienMurawski, that dog is absurdly adorable, and I’m far and away more a cat person. You have moved me to Honey’s cause. I demand fried chicken!

edit: for the dog. But also for me.

Well I know I am not that. The migraines, the concussion and vertigo and being almost 40…(few years off but I feel things not recovering like they used to). could all be overlapping. I used to think massages are extravagant… doing one every 5-6 months to help, hurts like hell, especially when they work my mouse arm.

Oh yeah, the kids. Haha, finally realized they were out of school which is why they’re always in my way when I am trying to drive somewhere!

Good catch. She’s a dog that cat people can love.

Also…the cat runs the house. That’s just the way it is. And she’s good with that.

-xtien

My dad had this when he hit 65, was a bunch of impacted ear wax they had to dig out. Was talking with him and some friends when he just fell over, then couldn’t stand back up. Was surreal and scary, but not a big deal in the end.

I assume you are now also planning to stop by your neighbors. They serve chicken!

I went to a couple races this week and will go to another tomorrow night and maybe Sunday too. I took pictures…

Williams Grove

I had my closest bear encounter in the wild this week, when I walked up to a mom and 2 cubs on the hiking trail up Sharptop Mountain at Peaks of Otter, Va. They were just off the trail only about 15 feet away when I crested a hill, and I was only able to snap one photo as we both backed away from each other. Luckily the cubs were not curious.

Woah, glad nothing bad happened! Cool that you were able to snap a picture, though.

I’ve decided I need some more variety in my day to day and signed up for a class on “The Dystopian Imagination” and have been spending my free time reading material from Walter Benjamin and Octavia Butler.

Pretty interesting stuff! I’d highly recommend the courses here for anyone based around the NYC area.

I just got a really bad hair cut from the oldest barber I’ve ever seen.

And you let him near your head with sharp pointy things?

There are old barbers, and bold barbers, but no old bold barbers.

Reminds me of a comedy thing. Don’t recall the person.

Like my haircut? The style is, It’ll Grow Out.