Terminator: Resistance - FPS, particles, lens flares

Actually, if you played it before the last patch (as I did) there it is worth at least one more play through. Difficulty was ramped up, loot was made more scare and the AI is much improved and will actively and intelligently hunt for you. It is a very different experience for those that have played before.

And yes, I highly recommend this game.

but…but…my backlog!

17GB update just launched on steam, adding among other things, a free Inflitrator mode where we play as T-800

I love this game, such pleasant surprise.

How nice. Guess it’s time for me to reload this one.

Wow, nice! I have this on console. May pick it up on Steam since it’s on sale.

I’m keen to pick this up soon because there’s always a chance for licensed games to suddenly disappear from digital platforms with little warning.

I’m waiting for the megasale.

Yeah, I would go for anything under ten buckaroos.

I thought it was okay, but not $24 okay. Not unless you’re a mega thirsty Terminator fan.

“Wow, this developer gave us a bunch of free content no one expected!”

Also: “We don’t want to pay more than $10.”

If it were on Gamepass that would be ideal.

Uh… I don’t what you mean by any of that. If a dev adds free stuff to a game, that’s usually always a net positive, but if I didn’t much enjoy the base game, then the additional stuff is kind of a wash, right?

And my recommended price is based on the value I feel I got out of the experience. I really don’t care what a game cost to make or how much effort went into it.

While I quoted you, it’s my general sentiment of frustration with the race to the bottom price wise, which discourages developers from working on games long term or producing more content.

The better strategy would apparently have been to discount the game significantly and offer the new mode as paid DLC. Of course then people complain about that.

Developers gotta eat too.

I generally agree that the race to the bottom in pricing is bad for developers and games in general. In this case, I bought the game on sale, and found it entertaining, and at the sale price, a reasonable deal. I would not have purchased it at full price, and didn’t, and after playing and enjoying it, had no interest in playing it again.

At some point, as a gamer, I have to compare every gaming dollar I spend to what I can get for that gaming dollar somewhere else. That is what it comes down to. Full-freight for a game that gives me something I cannot get elsewhere is definitely worth it. Anything less of an experience and, no, I don’t want to pay full price.

Sure, I get that. I generally agree that race-to-the-bottom price trends are bad for any industry in general.

At the same time, the pricing situation in the game industry is what it is, and I’m a customer. I gotta eat too.

Based on that criteria, I give it a score of $30.

People have datamined the recent update and discovered what looks like a potential second DLC in the works featuring Kyle Reese.

This looks really cool. Looks like lots of new locations and missions. I wonder if it would be folded into the main game (probably not, since you’d be over leveled by end game) or just a separate story line. This was really one of my favorite games in the last year, and I’ve been interested in replaying it at some point given the difficulty changes they’ve made (the original game was pretty easy for the most part). I hope this is real - I’d play for it if it is good and reasonably priced. Seems like this was a success for them.

I abandoned it early on last year despite being a huge fan of the original movie. Seeing this lively thread I just reinstalled it and will give it another go.

Why did you abandon it? Just curious.