Terminator: Resistance - FPS, particles, lens flares

Mainly because I did not find it difficult enough at the time to generate real tension but also in large part due to gaming ADHD ;) I landed up playing Control at Xmas and kind of forgot about it.

Given that the developer is still supporting the game with a cool free update mired in original terminator lore and really seems to love the source material I feel I didn’t give it a proper chance the first go around.

Yeah this was later rebalanced, so if you choose some hard difficulty, it should be lot less cakewalky.

Thanks! Even when I abandoned it, I knew it was hands down the most faithful game I’d seen to the franchise, so if the difficulty has been improved I look forward to it. Plus, there is just no way I can pass up the opportunity to play as the T-800 ;-)

Yeah, it is a great game. I finished it at launch so I will wait a bit more time to forget more of it before doing another playthrough, but I definitely intend to do that. Hopefully just before another presequel launches.

Yes, the game is significantly harder than at launch from all the discussions that I have read. Plasma guns use more ammo, resources have been rebalanced the AI is much improved - the terminators will hunt if attacked much more smartly (for example you used to be able to slip under almost closed garage doors, now I’ve read the terminators will open those doors - which they did not do before - and look for you.)

Tangential to the topic but I just got this:

Wow.

Amazingly, it’s been said that if you do a forensic facial reconstruction on the T-800 endoskeleton you can actually see how it perfectly recreates Arnie’s face.

If that is life size, make sure its fake!

Dayum! Do you also have a xenomorph statue hanging around the house as well?

Lol. Fortunately only half scale. I would buy a 1-1
but my wife thinks I am cluttering the space and giving our three year old nightmares already…

Negatory :) I am mainly into the terminator when it comes to collecting - although Alien is one of my favourite films. It has aged amazingly well.

Yes I have heard so. Stan Winston was a genius and this piece is an icon.

Frigging incredible. I want one.

I’d risk my wife’s wrath to have that in my home office.

EDIT: Er, maybe not. Not only out of stock, but it costs $2249 plus shipping! At least at the site I found it at. Still awesome.

Just trade your wife for it and problem solved! :)

Awesome- where can I get one?

You can get it here

One more and I’ll stop :) Batteries for the eyes.

PS4 version owners will get free PS5 update, with 4K 60fps support and the free Infiltrator DLC. Plus there will be a full expansion as speculated above. Awesome news.

New DLC expansion?!?! I’m very curious as to what it will be but count me in! This game was a real surprise and treat, and one of my favorite games from the last year or so.