Terriers (FX)

I don’t think it’s coming back, I just hope FX let the show runners know in time to wrap up the story.

Not possible, considering next week is the finale and it was probably filmed a month or more ago.

As far I know, from TV critics that have seen the final, they wrap things up nicely. We’ll see next week.

Man, even if this doesn’t get renewed; what a great season of television. It’s a shame that characters and stories like this don’t get more popular and I don’t really understand why.

I think the early promotion of the show, while slightly intriguing on its own, had fuck all to do with the show. The name doesn’t help. What’s this jack russell terrier doing in the commercials? Who are these scruffy layabouts watching the terrier? Why is there no terrier on the show? There’s a bulldog, barely, but it doesn’t do any cute stuff.

If I hadn’t seen it was Donal Logue in this, and it took me several views of the commercial where he and the other guy are sitting on steps to realize it was him, I probably would not have checked it out.

It also doesn’t have a good steady lead in (did it have one earlier in the season?).

It competes with Psych, Law and Order: LA (which isn’t awful), and I don’t know what else.

It’s also a little hard to pick up in the middle.

I just hope that FX takes into account Hulu viewers in their decisions on the show, because every person I’ve been turning on to the show I send to Hulu so they can watch from the beginning.

is it speculation or has it officially been cancelled?

“I ejaculate twice daily.”

I just love this show. Such great writing.

Just sent another email. What an awesome bloody show. Great ending to a great season.

Yeah, they wrapped that up nicely. There’s a hook or two for where this thing can go but if it ended on that note, well, it’d suck but that would still work.

What a classy, classy, show.

Agree totally.

I’m going to go ahead and put this out there as favorite for Best Show of 2010.

This was like a great hard-boiled detective novel. 13 tight episodes that all fit together. ‘Things aren’t what they appeared to be’ - Mickey’s murder, why his daughter was being sought out by the baddies, Hank really was a horrendous drunk but not a serial rapist, background character (Gustafson’s partner) wasn’t just a nameless cop, Britt isn’t a harmless thief (violent streak), Jason wasn’t a child molester and could see past his hatred/anger towards Hank to the bigger issue, Katie isn’t a pure innocent thing, etc.

Exceptions: Gustafson, Gretchen, Steph and Zeitlin (who is typecast if you’ve seen Rubicon - lesson: if that actor is setting on park bench overlooking water on a nice day - someone is going to die).

I want some Emmy nominations for this show.

(Something I didn’t know: Hank and Steph are real life siblings: Donal and Karina Logue)

Before the final ep, I viewed Hank and Britt as responsible for getting Jason and the source killed. Triple crossing, revealing their own blackmail bluff, spilling the meet location – they were just playing SO fast and loose with what they knew could be deadly consequences for the source, at least.

But with the reveal this episode with the bugs, it’s not so dark. I guess that’s good, killing Jason and the source is dark enough.

Also geeks on this show are great. I want see an episode from their point of view.

They never spilled the meet location - That was the bugs that screwed them there. I think all the triple-cross stuff was very well planned.

Man, I miss these guys already.

Loved it. Definitely will be adding this to the DVD collection when it comes out.

I don’t think I’ve posted since starting the thread, but yes, this show turned out to be pretty fantastic. It’s so natural and funny, and they defy expectations in so many ways. The way the whole thing wraps up could possibly seem rushed and/or out of left field, but the resolution and how they get there are ballsy choices.

Seconded all around. Loooooooooooved the finale. All the puzzle pieces fell together so god damned well that I was just stunned as to how well it was all set up. Classy show indeed. Totally reminds me of Rockford in a lot of awesome ways. I soooo hope that was a season finale rather than a series finale, but sadly if it’s not picked up, it’s a great ending regardless.

Part of me wants them to hang a left, and part of me wants them to go straight through. But all of me wants there to be a second season to find out…

They never did make clear what exactly was in the photo of Neal McDonough, and why it was worth killing to keep secret.

It seems pretty obvious he diddled kiddies.