That Internet dating thing

Wow. Only one typo!

When a tattoo is misspelled, is it the fault of the artist or the purchaser? Even if some chick hands the artist a piece of paper with the exact thing written on it, should the artist say, “Uh, ‘caring’ doesn’t have an ‘e’,” or just roll with it?

I’m tempted to write and ask who did the tattoo, and if she has any plans to get it corrected. I wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t have any idea it’s wrong nor did the tattooer, but I’m still curious as to who did it or if that’s exactly how she wanted it, etc. etc.

It’s tricky to assign blame in this circumstance, but at this point I’d assume it lies with her for not saying “You gave me a misspelled tattoo you jackass, you’re paying for the laser so I can get it fixed.”

Tomato, Timatayo.

I just spotted the profile of someone I met at a cabaret show. When I was working security. I had to have her removed.

Awkward.

That’s no reason not to date her.

I suppose that depends on what exactly she was removed for.

I think that maybe OkCupid has decided to turn actively hostile to me at this point, because now it’s just making me feel bad. Every day (well, it would be every day, but they’re either mislabeling some of these things or they’re just not sending them out on a regular basis) they mail me a new person that I am allegedly a super terrific match with, and every day I am not even remotely attracted to the included image. I am a shallow and terrible person. I guess it proves that I deserve to be alone, though, so, uh, points for showing me the horrible, awful reflection in the mirror of my soul.

The one upside? According to email records (haven’t been to the site for a while), only one of these allegedly very good matches bothered to read about me either, so I’m not the only shallow one. I’ll have to log in and confirm that now, though.

Oh, thank god I’m not the only person laughing my ass off at these. It’s like the Facebook ad I got for “Single Christian moms in your area!” - wow, talk about SEO fail.

Quiver matches have always sucked.

You may or may not be a shallow and terrible person but judging compatibility with people based on the photos from their online profile doesn’t make you shallow or terrible. I wrestled with this when I went through the online dating process and what I realized is that, in real life, you do this subconsciously every time you meet someone.

If you meet someone and find her attractive, you will consider her as a potential mate. You may dismiss her immediately (she is married; she is your new boss; she is too young for you, etc) or you may decide to pursue it. If you meet someone you are not attracted to, and this happens all the time, dozens of times per day, you will not consider them as a potential mate and that is the end of it right there. It never even crosses your mind to think about someone you do not find attractive as a potential mate. The whole point of dating is to find someone you are attracted to.

The problem is that the online dating world makes this subconscious process something you have to think about and that makes you feel shallow. e-Harmony* was the worst about this in that they would force you to go through a long drawn out process getting to know someone (while they collect monthly fees from you) only to spring the picture on you after the fact so that you go, “Oh, what the fuck?!”

*Yes, I tried e-Harmony when I first started online dating and yes, every bad thing you have heard about them is true.

I made the mistake of putting christmas trollpic up in my office. It’s weirding me out. Like, her eyes follow me everywhere. It was funny for the first five minutes when showing it to coworkers, but now it is not.

I dunno what it is. This is someone who I am very much attracted to in real life, and her other pictures not done by the team look great. But this trading card is creepy as hell.

What, you’re not into obese forty somethings doing a duckface?

More than fifteen years older than me would be at least a little weird.

More than fifteen years older than me would be at least a little weird.

Alright, I resisted it for a while, but I signed up for PoF last night. I had assumed for a long time that all the quality women in my area would be on OkC, but I’m surprised at what I’m seeing on PoF. Lots of women in my demographic that I haven’t seen on OkC. The interface is truly awful though.

Who cares? I’ve had really awesome sex with ugly people… just go for it.

Yeah just put a bag over their head or something.

— Alan

I’m fairly certain that the majority of hot women, despite the stereotype, are incredibly sexually inexperienced.

Man, I feel like jerri.

Maybe it’s just hanging out with feminists too much, which has sapped my sense of humor or whatever the fuck, but I’ve stopped finding fat-shaming jokes or jibes about how ugly people are funny.

Clearly I’m a humorless lesbian in a man’s body.

Man, I feel like jerri.

Maybe it’s just hanging out with feminists too much, which has sapped my sense of humor or whatever the fuck, but I’ve stopped finding fat-shaming jokes or jibes about how ugly people are funny.

Clearly I’m a humorless lesbian in a man’s body.