That Sopranos show cranks up again on March 7

Very disappointed with this season so far. It’s becoming a cartoon version of itself, with them killing whoever they want all the time. If the mob killed people every week like the Sopranos have been doing, they wouldn’t last a week before the FBI moved in.

I feel like this too. I was really dissapointed with the… spolier alert

…shooting the waiter. I just think that was over the top. I have a hard time suspending disbelief for that.

Speaking of plot points, I am also a little skeptical of Chris’ ability to stay sober. Like the waiter execution, it’s a plot point that just seems a little hard to believe. It would be more realistic if he were to start getting loaded again.

I see whackings in the near future.

— Alan

Well, I thought that was a damn fine episode.

ohhhh. I am waiting for a seed. Anyone know where I might find one?

Good episode. No spoilers.

I have to say that I think Robert Loggia’s character is one of the scariest guys I’ve seen on TV in awhile. Every time he was around, he’d just exuded rage and anger and that produced a sense of uncertainty. Intense stuff.

I’m a little confused on the story arc involving Little Carmine, Johnny Sac, etc. Sorry to see one of the more unique characters go.

I like Edie Falco’s character much more this season. She’s not quite the shrew she was towards the end of last season. Very good scene involving her and the stairs.

Doctor Melfi arc seems tacked on to me.

Tony’s ability to be Da Boss is being showcased pretty well so far this season. Snitches get sniffed out in fairly short order, and obvious potential problems are identified and also taken out. “Nip it in the bud,” as Tony said. That was a great plan, one of his most clever and diplomatic.

The previews for next week are probably misleading, but they look pretty damn good.

His ability to be Da Boss in everything that doesn’t concern his family.
The way he caved in to AJ’s obvious bullshit regarding the after-concert
party just blew my mind. He either can’t read his own kid or doesn’t
want to believe what he sees.

I was under the impression that Tony wanted a hit, but Silvio elected to take a softer route – recall that whole conversation at the end where Silvio says Chris agreed the parole-violation route was the way to go, and Tony barked about not being there to make friends.

Did you ever see “Innocent Blood”? Loggia plays a mobster turned vampire. :) It offers a nice taste of his ferocity on the Sopranos.

Peter

I didn’t even realize Tony’s plan until I was watching Loggia linger on the bus and finally realized what had transpired. All in all pretty good episode.

— Alan

You’re one up on me. I didn’t even realize Tony’s plan until he and Sil were talking about it afterwards.

Interesting episode. Some spoilers might follow.

Is this a turning point for Tony and Carmela? I liked the dinner scene at the end, with everyone there. I might be repeating myself, but Edie Falco has not looked better than this season.

Anyone else think Chris was a goner? I thought it was weird that Buscemi was there in the first place, but I guess it makes sense since “his” episode seems to be coming up.

I was hoping Chris was. I suffered from IBS when I was younger so I could sympathize and treat Adrianna sooo much better than he c…oh wait, they are not real. (Holy Crap she is hot)

I guess since Buscemi is family he still hangs out with the same folks and decided to help when he heard there was going to be trouble. I am glad that they are finally jump-starting his storyline. Next week it gets juicy it would seem.

I want to agree, but HBO is so freaking deceptive with the Sopranos
previews that next week could be about Tony doing his income taxes…

I want to agree, but HBO is so freaking deceptive with the Sopranos
previews that next week could be about Tony doing his income taxes…[/quote]

Hehe, yep, I was sure someone was going to die on this week’s episode. It turned out the only fatality was a Suburban.

Escalade.

Escalade.[/quote]
The Suburban got whacked by Christopher.
Though it might’ve limped away to lick its wounds.

Escalade.[/quote]
The Suburban got whacked by Christopher.
Though it might’ve limped away to lick its wounds.[/quote]

Tried to correct me, didn’t you Xpav. HA! And technically the Escalade died as well, but we were talking killin’s.

Although, I guess Carnifex could be right, the Suburban could have caught a magazine full of flesh wounds. Thanks for gettin’ my back, homey.

Whoa! didn’t Tony say the Escalade was totalled? WTF was it doing at the Bing! then?