The 100 morons

The spear-wielders aren’t called Morlocks, are they?

Wait, so they actually do that? I’m guessing they get rescued if that happens, which is not what I had in mind.

You pretty much described the ending scene of the pilot, yes.

Bwahaha this exchange was hilarious.

Bwahaha this exchange was hilarious.

I clearly do not have a good understanding about what is good and what is bad on TV.

Why is there so much hate about The 100? Sure it isn’t amazing. But if you take this show and the first episode of Lost or Terra Nova (minus the budget differences) are they not all similar?

One should keep in mind that The 100 is geared towards the teen / early 20s demographic – add this and The 100 isn’t so bad. Is it?

But if you take this show and the first episode of Lost or Terra Nova (minus the budget differences) are they not all similar?

But Terra Nova was shit. Admittedly the first episode was probably its best, but it was shit. Not a fan of Lost either, but I’m in a minority on that one.

One should keep in mind that The 100 is geared towards the teen / early 20s demographic – add this and The 100 isn’t so bad. Is it?

Well that’s a big part of the problem (as it was with Terra Nova) - shows geared toward that audience in the US tend to get all the fun and complexity sucked out of them and turn into sappy serialised soap operas. See also Veronica Mars under the CW’s stewardship. It doesn’t have to be that way (Buffy, say), but all too often it is.

Yeah, “isn’t this like Terra Nova?” is a good reason to condemn it, not defend it. Not seeing why being geared towards teens makes it better, either.

Also, bad as Terra Nova was, the first episode wasn’t half as bad as the first episode of The 100. Granted, my memories of Terra Nova are pretty hazy now, but the way I remember it, they didn’t get to the rank stupidity until episode 2. The 100 dived right in. It opens with the main character getting yanked out her cell to go on the lander, and then it’s rebellious teenagers showing off by unstrapping during reentry.

Hahaha that sounds like another squandered opportunity for a horrible death.

REBEL unbuckles safety harness.

EASILY IMPRESSED GIRL: They told us not to remove the straps until we’re on the ground!

REBEL (smirking): Do you always do what they tell you?

Cut to rest of cast hosing down inside of lander, which is covered in red goo and bone splinters. REBEL is never seen again.

That is b/c the REBEL died. They make reference to it later in the pilot.

This totally makes me want to watch this show now. lol

I did watch all 13(?) episodes of Terra Nova and though I admit it was not a stellar show, it was worth it just to bust up laughing at the obvious Michael Bay ending action scene in the last episode. Dinosaurs! Explosions! Running! Stargate! Makes me laugh every time I think of that scene.

-Gil102

They did actually kill off the morons who unstrapped. In fact, the reason the lander kinda-sorta crashed (but not really) is that the two idiots were whacking into things during reentry. They didn’t really show it, though, and the rest of the rebellious teenagers, being morons, learned absolutely nothing from how stupid that was.

OK, I guess I’m being too unkind to the series. I was figuring they’d just give the bad boy a black eye, and probably forget to keep applying the makeup in the next episode.

This show is soooooo good.

Hemorrhagic fever.

NOT SURE IF SERIOUS.gif

I am an episode behind, but I really like it. :p

Wasn’t sure if serious, but this made me watch it.

This show is significantly better than Terra Nova. Sure, it has it’s share of CW teen angst and drama and you can expect some rather stupid teen behavior, but it actually has a fair bit more going on and the story is moving at pace. For example (and I won’t bother putting this in spoiler tags for the sake of the example), the station bound twirling mustache villain in the first episode, well he has actually had a character arc - he has developed and is (probably) no longer a villain, perhaps never really was. Other characters follow suit, though it still exhibits the occasional flip-flopping to drive an episode’s plot. Not as bad as Terra Nova though. Part of the exhibited stupid behavior is a result of so few of the landing party being actually framed as characters at all, let alone with depth - ie there is a contingent of redshirts.

The acting I would say is competent and at times quite good, especially considering some of the young actors on show. The writing could be better in places and actor performances can still vary by scene.

But on the whole, I’d say this is worth putting a little more time into if you bailed after the pilot. It is now on my watch list.

I am 2 eps behind, but I do agree the young actors are actually good , and the older actors up in space are top notch. Heck we got DESMOND from LOST up there!

Gus will be forever shamed by his horrible thread title. :p

Au contraire. You guys will be forever shamed for admitting you liked this drek. OK, not really, because after it goes off the air, you’ll be saved by the fact no one will remember it.

:|

:(

I watched the pilot it was baddy bad. Another terrible teen melodrama from CW.