The 100 morons

Season 2! Yay? I am still watching, the first episode is showing what happened after the grounder attack and the mountain bunker people reveal.

Season 1 is now on Netflix.

Not a bad season opener, manipulating even more competing factions into place. The ‘kids’ being forcibly told they were no longer in charge was a good bit, potentially pitting the 100 against their landed brethren from the get go.

I do hope they do something interesting with the Mt Weather group though, rather than the obvious ‘there is secretly something evil is going on here’ plot rigmarole.

I am pretty sure they need to kill off what few dumb kids remain and have this show focus on the adults. This past episode with Clarke trying to escape the bunker was ok, except for all the parts where she was trying to escape from the bunker.

:|

God help me for continuing to watch this. :( From a distance it seems like it could be a decent sci-fi show but CW does what it does and you’re left with vomit.

I’m just going to throw it out there that this has become one of the very best shows on TV this season.

No joke.

It’s also the most overtly badass feminist show on TV, without even really making a big deal out of it.

I just started watching this, and I’m so happy with your statement, steve - Some things are a bit…silly, but I like it so far, after two episodes.

It starts off a bit silly, and you can be amused that all these overly pretty adults pretending to be teens are playing Lord of the Flies or something. But then… yeah, it really starts to dig into its setting, it starts going into pretty dark places for the CW, it starts taking on torture, power, ethics, blah blah blah. And the lead actress is terrific.

Seriously, it might be my favorite show right now.

I am on ep 3 season 2

They over sexuality the lead character which is silly… The show doesn’t need this… Plus is she even 18 years old? Gross… A push-up bra and cleavage shots of her are not needed…,

But season 2 is far better than season 1 so far

Nice to see Isaiah Washington still has an acting career despite being a homophobe…

Clarke? The actress is like 25.

She looks under 18 to you?

That’s surprising. She’s 25, and she looks like an adult, not a child. She doesn’t have the unformed look that teenagers often (though not always) have. Yeah, she still has some of the fullness of the face teenagers have, but I’d never mistake her for under 20. That’s a problem with most shows that have teenage characters, the actors are usually quite obviously mid-20’s.

The one who surprised me was Hayley McFarland on Sons of Anarchy. I honestly thought she was 15. She’s 23.

I just found out Netflix Canada has season 2 of this as well - pretty nice!

I was looking at random end of year awards, and this show won the best new opening credits award.

I just saw Episode 5 last night of this and wow, what a gut-wrenching episode. I don’t know if its because I have girls myself, but man…that was just so hard to watch (In a good way). Great show!

I started watching this over the December/January lull, and for the 3rd time watching a CW show I had to get over the disbelief that this is actually…good. Really good. One of the things I was impressed with Arrow (season 1 and 2 at least) / Flash (sort of) is that they keep the story moving briskly without much in the way of filler episodes. The 100 does this, and manages to be more consistent in quality than either. There’s some dubious science, but nothing fazes me after putting up with super hacker girls in other shows. It reminds me of the best parts of BSG without all the chaff.

People need to give this a (second) shot.

I just started watching this on Netflix on Wednesday and have only seen two episodes so far. I don’t really buy into any of the ‘kids’ being under 18, but I forget about that easily with all the illogical jumps to conclusions and dumb things that both the kids and adults keep doing. I expected this to begin with, though…I’ve read it gets much better as time goes on and is interesting enough that I plan to see it through. I’m making an effort to enjoy it, at least.

Since its return this year , the show has REALLY stepped up its game, the whole grounder / ark alliance vs mount weather is just good tv.

I really was disliking the Bellamy character for most of the first season, but he has really matured on to the point where I think he is one of the best young adult actors on the show.

The persistent emphasis on the teenage characters keeps the show feeling like it’s a stuck in the ‘young adult’ genre – but it certainly has gotten better in the second season. If you thought the early episodes were silly but at least a little intriguing, keep watching for sure.

I do wonder where all the people doing actual work are, it seems like it’s just constant war and politicking at this point.

Edit: Though it is mostly explained by the fact that Mount Weather keeps the natives constantly fighting and at a low tech level so they never get to be threat. And the Grounder village they slaughtered was a peak into their day-to-day non-fighting part of their civ too.

Isn’t the channel that produces it known mainly for young adult dramas? I always assumed thats why they portray the main characters as they do. I do think they do a much better job than what little I’ve seen of for instance Vampire Diaries. Supernatural was also about a couple of pretty young guys, but there we had the added effect of a normal and often quite older population.

Alright, I watched the pilot way back when and couldn’t sit through it all due to the stupid causing too much pain (to be fair, many pilots suffer from that). However, after reading all the above, I’ll be watching this on Netflix.