The 2022 20:20 Frame Game

The 2022 20:20 Game

Edited to add the rules and links from the 2021 thread:

ts22

Game rules:
Posting: On your turn, select a movie and check to see that it hasn’t been done before. Post a frame from the movie when you pause it at the 20:20 mark. Wait for at least 24 hours, but you can shave 4 or so hours off that if you get a few guesses. Then post a frame from 40:40 and wait again. Continue for 60:60, 80:80, 100:100, etc. If nobody can guess your movie, you lose and must post again.

Guessing: Use only what’s in your mind (don’t Google it). You get one guess per frame, and if you want to guess again, you’ll have to wait until the next frame gets posted. If you guess the movie, it’s your turn to post.

Google Doc archive

Original post:

Shiva Baby!

1 Like

Shagadelic.

It is Emma Seligman’s writing/directing debut feature, the social horror film Shiva Baby. One of my 5 favorites of 2021.

For a movie only long enough to generate three shots, these are three of the most representative of a movie you will find in this game.

@anonymgeist, do I make you randy?

Very true! I was expecting to like it, but absolutely adored it. One of my top films of the year for sure.

Let’s see what I can find for a new pick…

Alright, here we go!

20:20

I don’t have a clue, but this

can not stand! MOAR POSTS!

Here’s a POST:

I gotta ask… Why isn’t this the 20:22 game of 2022? Think about it! In ~10 year’s time you could do movies that have already been done again.

Took me a while to get the joke, but well done! :D

1 Like

This is an interesting idea, but I think there’s a couple issues. First, I’m not sure most movies don’t feature significantly different shots every ten seconds. Also, it’s not like there’s any shortage of movies, and trying to find one that others haven’t done is part of the challenge.

Also, though it’s not exactly obvious and doesn’t really have anything to do with your point, it’s worth noting that original 20:20 pun was a vision thing (Hindsight 20/20) and not a year thing.

Of late it has been less about knowing a good movie that has been missed and more about finding the same but streamed from somewhere. Not gonna lie here I’ve -bought- some cheap HD versions on Amazon for some of my screen game shots over the last few years. If you’re quick onto the recent freely streamed movies that will sometimes work but we’ve all been watching anything released so it makes for too quick of a frame game, in my opinion.

I just torrent the movies for the frames I want, then delete them after. Obviously, that’s not going to be an acceptable solution for everyone, but it’s pretty trivial to do.

I’m new to this, when is someone’s turn exactly? Do we wait until a previous frame has been guessed?

I put down my torrent/download game some years ago. I kind of had to, I splintered off into something of a half-security role where I work and it’s hard preaching best practices when I was violating a lot of the advice at the house. And even if I was still good about preventing anything between home/work systems, when at home I still had to work, which meant the same network. BTW, this was also true for my CIO at the time, who would come in and tell me everything he was able to torrent over the weekend. There are ways to minimize the risk but it’s been easier to just watch movies as they come on streaming now. Quite honestly, streamed music and media has reduced what I would even want to torrent by a very large amount.

Keep a vigilant eye on anything you download that way.

So how it works is this:

When you have the ball (like anonymgeist does right now), you post a frame from 20 minutes, 20 seconds into the movie.

Folks try and guess what the movie is based on the frame posted. In this case it is clearly Corduroy Jackets: The Movie.

If no one guesses within 24-ish hours, you post the 40:40, then the 60:60 (i.e., 61 minutes into the movie) then the 80:80 (i.e., the 81:20), and so on until you run out of movie.

If you are the one that correctly identifies the movie, then you are responsible for choosing the next movie.

1 Like

Got it, thanks.

Also, because there is only a single 20:20 for each movie, you can’t pick a movie that has already been done. There’s a list linked in the OP with everything that has been done - it’s a lot!

There isn’t so much a win/loss as there is the fun of getting to see frames and guess. Sometimes the movies are recent, sometimes they are old, and sometimes they strike you as something you really need to watch that you’ve missed until then.

Good, bad, black and white or color, it doesn’t matter. The only ask is that you avoid the list of previous guessed movies, but even then, that’s been done before too. And you don’t have to take a turn if you correctly guess, you can pass if you don’t have the ability to “do” frames for movies and post them.