The 5-player forum game of Sol: Last Days of a Star is underway!

Ok, I’ll launch 3 sundivers like so (d = diver, S = mothership), 2 in outer orbit, one in inner)

-----
outer d | d 
      --S--
inner d |
      -----

Current rulebook on their site too:

@arrendek

Oh hey look at this

:P

Haha… if it makes you feel any better, I didn’t choose first player according to that discussion above. I set out the ships and Matt’s was the one that had the big gap!

When playing Sol, we always made a great show of haranguing anyone who innocently asked “Is it my turn?”. We would then look at the board and the ship gap and say, in as punchable a voice as we could muster, “Gosh, if only there were some way to tell who’s turn it is!” We were pretty clever that way.

And by “we” I mean “me” because anyone else would just tell the person whether it was their turn.

-Tom

Ok, so after carefully reviewing the rules, really not figuring out what my strategy is going to look like, but planning out a couple turns anyway… I’m going to do exactly the same thing Matt did.

And I’m a Matt. So at this point the Matts are in sync. @Dave_Perkins

I like that story!

@Kolbex activate sex toy.

Ok, after careful perusal of the condensed rules I believe the following is legal:

I’d like to launch two sundivers to the two inner orbit spaces “below” my mothership and then advance the forward (closest to arrendek’s mothership) one one space counterclockwise.

@tomchick

If you’ve seen anything we are doing wrong, let us know!

I think @Kolbex’s divers should be one space apart. The back one should be one space further back. He deployed 2 and moved one forward to leave a gap.

Ah yes, I got lost when I hit “one one”, reading that as “two”.

jk

Just wanted to say: preeeeeetttyyyy

I will also launch two sundivers into outer orbit, and then one sundiver into inner orbit at the front of my ship. Basically, what @Matt_W did, too.

-Tom

And now my sad news: I am traveling until tomorrow evening, whereupon we shall continue! I’m happy that we all got a turn in. I mean, besides me.

Everyone but me is taking the exact same turn, eh? Is this game solved?

Considering we’ll probably all be using each other’s stations in a few turns I don’t think it would be possible to “solve” it unless we all did so as a team.

I am home! And I will pull a Kolbex, except move my back one back one!

@Matt_W

Who swapped out my beautiful yellow ship for some chibi kids scissors!?

* Can’t unsee it, Jerk Chicken.

I will once again launch 3 divers like so:

-----------
outer   d  |  
      ---< S <---
inner   d  | d(d)
      -----------

The (d) in parenthesis indicates a diver already on that spot. I added arrows next to the S to denote counter-clockwise ship movement: forward is left.