The Ascent - Isometric Cyberpunk Twin-Stick Shooter RPG

Lol, my exact thought!

Haven’t had a chance to play yet, does it have an easy or “story” mode so I can goggle at the visually stunning graphics on level 3 without worrying about getting my ass stuffed?

I started the game and played through for about an hour yesterday up through the title sequence. The game never asked me to pick a difficulty mode, so I don’t think there is one. Sorry.

Looks like it was added to the settings in a day 1 patch. Hopefully easy is tourist mode!

If I’m crouched and I dodge roll, I should end back crouched, it’s annoying to have to recrouch after a dodge roll and it should be a move between cover points. It ends up getting you shot early on before you come to terms with hitting the crouch button again.

Weapon swap feels like it doesn’t always trigger.

Shotguns suck?

Woah, you can dodge roll? Did I miss a tutorial message somewhere? How do you dodge roll?

EDIT: Holy shit, it’s the A button apparently.

Dude, just go look at the controller layout/keymapping.

YOU’RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!

Now I’m worried the game will be too easy. One of the hard parts of taking out that first boss was that there was no dodge roll in this game.

But now that it turns out THERE IS A DODGE ROLL, won’t it be too easy?

Yeah, I’m not a fan of the shotguns either. I’ve mostly been using the assault rifle “Dread” and it suits me well.

It is the first boss. Nothing to say that the later bosses can’t have missile batteries, gauss cannons, and bristling with miniguns.

I wouldn’t worry about that. Maybe I’m doing something wrong (I probably am), but I’m finding some insane difficulty spikes. There’s an early story mission which purports to have a recommend level of 6. I first attempted a mid-boss at level 10 and died about 20 times in a row without getting close to killing him. Did all the side missions that weren’t ridiculously overlevelled, gained a couple levels, upgraded my guns, tried it again. I died about five times before killing him. Only one of my weapons seems to be doing the damage it should be against equal level foes, even though I’ve upgraded it about as much as my other main weapons.

the dodge roll has a energy system, so you can’t use it forever and many enemies fire explosives creating large red areas

You didn’t try to press A button… ?

Without a tutorial message? In a dual stick shooter? Why would I? What does “A” do in Geometry Wars? Nothing.

I also did not press the A button.

I also generally don’t press the A button in racing games either.

Pretty clear you should all start. Who knows what wacky views of games you’ve been forming?

this is a weird game, it feel different inside than in the surface

on the surface it looks like alien swarm, but on top it feel like that unreleased Prey game that was supposed to happen inside a alien city

Huh, so you guys don’t try out the buttons to see what they do? You just wait until a tutorial explicitly tells you to do so?